cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

evildonut
Journeyman III

3400G crashes in some games only

I'm having trouble with my niece's computer.

It's running a Ryzen 5 3400G on an ASRock B450M HDV r4.0 mainboard with 16 gigs of RAM.

Some games crash consistently within a few minutes of loading, namely World of Warcraft and Roblox. In WoW I can log in a character and run around for 10-30 seconds before the game freezes. Music will keep playing, but everything else is frozen. After a few moments, the speakers make a beeping sound whenever I move the mouse or press the keyboard.

Upon restarting the computer, Windows has disabled the graphics driver and I need to re-install to run any game.

Other games work just fine, though. The Sims 4, Spore, Among Us, Bee Simulator, House Flipper, all of those run without a hitch. I can't figure out any pattern in which games work and which ones don't.

I've tried different driver versions, I've tried removing each of the two RAM sticks to rule out a RAM issue, I've installed all updates to Windows 10. I'm at my wits end here.

Anyone have ideas or suggestions or know of a fix?

0 Likes
1 Solution
evildonut
Journeyman III

I think I figured it out: after trawling through numerous forum posts, it seems some mainboards might be over-volting the CPU when voltage settings are set to auto.

I went into BIOS and set the voltages manually - 1.2 for the CPU and 1.1 for SoC. It looks like that did the trick.

I picked the CPU voltage based on what CPU-Z told me the voltages was at when I ran Prime95 as a stress test (I wanted to rule out heat and PSU issues, and the CPU took it in stride), while I just picked a value for the SoC based on what I read online.

Anyway, I couldn't force a crash out of WoW before I got bored running around with my test character, and my niece played Roblox for hours without a hitch. So i think the problem's solved!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
evildonut
Journeyman III

I think I figured it out: after trawling through numerous forum posts, it seems some mainboards might be over-volting the CPU when voltage settings are set to auto.

I went into BIOS and set the voltages manually - 1.2 for the CPU and 1.1 for SoC. It looks like that did the trick.

I picked the CPU voltage based on what CPU-Z told me the voltages was at when I ran Prime95 as a stress test (I wanted to rule out heat and PSU issues, and the CPU took it in stride), while I just picked a value for the SoC based on what I read online.

Anyway, I couldn't force a crash out of WoW before I got bored running around with my test character, and my niece played Roblox for hours without a hitch. So i think the problem's solved!

0 Likes
ahmetylmz42
Journeyman III

sa bendede aynı sıkıntı var bazı oyunlarda dediginiz gibi çökme sıkıntısı var  steam pubg de nasıl cozebiliriz u sıkıntıyı 

0 Likes