Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

anocelot
Journeyman III

2200g atikmpag.sys BSOD in CSGO

Hi all,

Ive been using a 2200G to play CSGO and it keeps blue screening after a while with the error VIDEO TDR FAILIURE in the file atikmpag.sys

System Specs

Ryzen 3 2200G

Vega 8 iGpu

Asrock x470 taichi

WD 1tb 7200rpm hdd

Corsair 550w bronze psu

Software

Windows 10 1803

Radeon 18.5.1, 18.8.1, 18.9.1

I initially tried 18.8.1, but after a few blue screens I used DDU and installed 18.5.1. There were still some bsod so I upgraded back to 18.8.1, and earlier today I used the clean install option when upgrading to 18.9.1 but it keeps bsod. I also tried using DISM and SFC from the troubleshooting article but still no luck, CSGO keeps causing a bsod.

I had a 3.9ghz overclock but recently changed it back to 3.7ghz but CSGO will still cause a bsod. Strangely I have had no problem with league of legends at any time, and that is the only other game I play. Last night I ran memtest and after 6 passes 0 errors were found, so im not exactly sure what can be causing this.

I keep CSGO at minimum settings, 1024x768 stretched via monitor settings. Everything in Radeon settings is kept at default.

0 Likes
1 Solution
anocelot
Journeyman III

Update.

I uninstalled windows 10 and used a laptop to download the official windows 10 usb installer from here

After making a fresh install of windows 10 I downloaded radeon adrenaline 18.5.1 from here​. as well as Steam and CSGO.

However CSGO still bluescreens a minute or two after I join deathmatch.

Edit:

I feel pretty dumb right now. It turns out it was my RAM all along. I had it set to 3200 MHz (this is what the listed speed was) but now at 2933 MHz CSGO no longer crashes.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
anocelot
Journeyman III

Update.

I uninstalled windows 10 and used a laptop to download the official windows 10 usb installer from here

After making a fresh install of windows 10 I downloaded radeon adrenaline 18.5.1 from here​. as well as Steam and CSGO.

However CSGO still bluescreens a minute or two after I join deathmatch.

Edit:

I feel pretty dumb right now. It turns out it was my RAM all along. I had it set to 3200 MHz (this is what the listed speed was) but now at 2933 MHz CSGO no longer crashes.

0 Likes