Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

simonparker
Journeyman III

19.7.3 RX5700XT unable to change the wattman setting

15-07-2019 19-22-07.png,

and the system shutdown suddenly when i play some tripleA titles. I don't know whether the thremal issue or something else cause i can't monitor the GPU status through software like RTSS. 

even GPU-Z

GPUZ.png

Update: 

I have enabled the VSR and GPU scaling, everything works properly.

Update:

the screen freeze about 3 sec when i try to open "Global setting", and the wattaman setting became blank again.

reboot, change VSR or/and GPU scaling may fix this, but mostly the wattaman setting is broken after boot. 

Update since 19.7.3:

the driver is much more stable then before, but i still got the driver crash message in windows log, and broken wattaman.

it's happened after i play forza horizon 4 for about 3 hours, then try to watch some online video. 

and this time, reboot dose fix the problem. 

6 Replies
osirismelb
Adept III

Yep I have the same issue, for no reason Wattman goes like the above and is blank and you can't change anything.

More so I can't play any DirectX 12 games, it crashes because of this.

AMD needs to release a new driver... like NOW! 

0 Likes

osirismelb wrote:

Yep I have the same issue, for no reason Wattman goes like the above and is blank and you can't change anything.

More so I can't play any DirectX 12 games, it crashes because of this.

AMD needs to release a new driver... like NOW! 

With the 19.7.3's I don't have a D3d12 game that won't run....;)  They all run fine.  Hope you can get your problems sorted soon--this is really a sweet GPU!...;)  Wattman and also AfterBurner seem to work fine with the 19.7.3's, at least for me.

0 Likes

Same. Thanks AMD. Thanks for that fix.

0 Likes
leonstar03
Adept II

Same 

0 Likes
leonstar03
Adept II

0 Likes

yes

0 Likes