cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics

jdetnerski
Adept II

19.2.1 Driver update and HDMI scaling on LG 4k TV's

I had been having scaling issues with my vega 64 and my LG 4k tv but a few updates ago resolved the issue and allowed my screen to properly scale but that gold age ended with driver 19.2.1. I am not losing 1/4 in (6-7mm) all the way around my desktop with no scale adjustment to be found. Why, oh why, does AMD fix a problem only to give it back?. 

32 Replies
jdetnerski
Adept II

Re: 19.2.1 Driver update and HDMI scaling on LG 4k TV's

Update 19.2.2 with clean install failed to resolve overscaling issue. 

nolife
Adept I

Yes, I confirm ! I also have a LG 4K TV and I still have overscaling issues when I use my Radeon 580 on it !

According to other posts, it seems AMD has decided to remove the manual scaling option so it's likely we're doomed !

lalaland
Adept I

Yup I have this too, why this isn't simply a global "disable overscan" toggle? AMD auto anything has never worked, from DDC on down these drivers have been terrible at "intelligently" setting anything to do with displays

lalaland
Adept I

I do hope not, this problem is a pure software issue caused by a design choice somewhere in their driver to scale by 4% as I have no issue with an intel based device using the exact same display chain including my DP->HDMI2.0 adaptor. If the driver just left the damn image alone we wouldn't be having this problem at all.

lalaland
Adept I

Tried a clean 19.2.2 last night also - still no HDMI-Scaling control

0 Likes
lalaland
Adept I

And still we wait for someone to acknowledge whether this is by design or a bug that has been identified

jdetnerski
Adept II

Just tried a clean install of 19.2.3... No changes

0 Likes
lalaland
Adept I

Express upgrade 12.2.3 did nothing either, still no HDMI scaling control, still no HDR

0 Likes
jdetnerski
Adept II

I don't have any issue with HDR I'm just losing a small lip around the outside that makes it so I can't maximize any browser window or office app without it being a pain closing them. I figure it'll be another 2 updates before they get it working again. 

0 Likes