cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

howie411
Adept I

144Hz isn't working on BenQ EX3203R

So I'm not sure if this started with the 20.4.1 drivers but I know my monitor used to have 144hz listed in the advanced display.   Now it just says 60, 100 and 120.     This is with a BenQ EX3203R and a Radeon 5700 XT running the 20.4.1 drivers.

0 Likes
12 Replies
redteam6
Elite

try using the display driver uninstaller here Display Driver Uninstaller Download version 18.0.2.3 

Then reset your monitor to defaults using its on panel menu. Then power cycle your monitor and restart

your pc and install new drivers buy re downloading them to avoid corruption.

make sure you have your monitor's driver installed. You can download it from here: EX3203R Software - Support | BenQ USA 

From Benq's Resolution file:

I have attached Benq's Resolution file to this reply for you to download if interested.

0 Likes

Yep, has been installed since I got it.

MonitorIssueDrivers.JPG

0 Likes
fsadough

You didn't say how you are connecting and what your OS is.

0 Likes

Sorry, this is on Windows 10 (version 1903) with a 1.4 displayport cable connected

0 Likes

Need to update your Windows version to 1909 since the latest AMD drivers work best if Windows fully updated via Windows update.

0 Likes

Your monitor does not support 144Hz while being on 10bit. Switch to 8bit and you should be able to get 144Hz

pastedImage_1.png

So this didn't seem to work.  I dropped it to 8 bit with dithering from the Monitor tab in the Radeon driver software (and rebooted) and still max hz was 120.   Also tried a full uninstall using the AMD Software remover and did a clean install of the 4.1 drivers and oddly enough it changed the monitor to 10 bit again which is odd because I'm pretty sure its a 8 bit panel according to BenQ

0 Likes

Send the exact same screenshot you provided in your initial post showing 8bit

0 Likes

Seems locked at 60hz now.  Now other otpions.

BenQMonitorRefresh.JPG

0 Likes

Please file a support ticket

0 Likes

So I figured out the issue.  It seems the Monitor has 2 modes.  FreeSync Normal and FreeSync Premium.  It was set to Premium which caps the refresh rate at 120hz but ups the quality to 10 bit.  I changed it to normal and it went back to 144hz.   Thanks for everyone's suggestions.