cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

superus
Adept I

13 years (or more) AMD did not fix the problem with the black screen in the bios and at boot. (Rx5700xt)

When I turn on the computer - a black screen. Windows boots up and then an image appears. If you go into the BIOS - always a black screen. The monitor is connected via HDMI. Computer components - msi z390-a pro, i5 9600k, pulse rx5700xt

7 Replies
drallim
Elite

Try disabling the IGP in the bios

0 Likes
mstfbsrn980
Grandmaster

Reset the mobo BIOS to the factory settings. If you get the same result in BIOS screen, look for your customer rights.

0 Likes
superus
Adept I

drallim. already tried. I have already tried everything I could.

0 Likes

Isolate only ur gpu ur and kb. Cmos reset entet bios, set bios default save and exit after that  make sure your video source is not igp and so on auto or pcie save and exit.turn off pc... Insert gpu. Make sure all power cables are connected in the right way! Make sure your psu supports all the draw (which should be capable in bios and win install or whatever) make sure and double all cables are well fit and check every connection on monitor etc. This is 13 years of what exactly? I had a gtx and went amd 2 months ago slapped it in and working instantly just needed sum ddu and drivers and have rocking card so long gtx. You probably lack technical input and not 13 years of amd or whatever that even means. 

0 Likes

I found forums on the Internet with this problem, and it has existed for a very long time on Ati radeon. Everything works well , if I use other graphics card (gtx650)... Now I will check what you say...

0 Likes

Try looking in your monitor's OSD for a setting that auto-detects which input you are using. With my monitor, if I leave it on auto, it is fast to show the BIOS using HDMI, but it is very sluggish to show it when using the displayport input (it does show it eventually). But if I turn off the input auto-detect and manually choose displayport, it is fast and everything shows normally.

Hi how did it work out OP? 

0 Likes