Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

krisbg
Journeyman III

10-bit color support on RX 6400 ?

Hello,

I am looking into buying the following card, and I would like to know whether it could support 10-bit per channel color (30-bit RGB) in Windows 10, and whether the driver allows it. Intended usage is for smoother gradients in Photoshop:

ASRock AMD RX 6400 Challenger ITX 4GB

I saw that on the same card from PowerColor there is written it could support 30-bit under 4K 60Hz, without DSC (my monitor is 1440p), so my guess is that ASRock's version should also support it, but it is not stated on their site, neither it is stated by AMD. I can't buy the PowerColor one, as I already bought another card, which went not to support 10-bit, and the dealer can replace it for the ASRock's one, they still don't offer the PowerColor version.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Yes, it definitely should. 

View solution in original post

4 Replies
EFermi
Miniboss

The bit depth support does not depend on a vendor (AsRock, PowerColor, Asus, whatever), but on a GPU chip (and driver, also monitor and its connection). So if you had a 6400 already and it didn't support 10 bit, than no 6400 supports 10 bit. At all. But if you had a different card previously and now plan to buy a 6400, and it says that it supports enhanced color depth, than all of them do. 

Thank you! I have a GeForce 1030 currently, and it doesn't support 10-bit, so was thinking about 1050 Ti which should support it, but for the same price RX 6400 seems to be a better choice. So if PowerColor's version seems to support 10-bit, I should assume ASRock's supports too?

0 Likes

Yes, it definitely should. 

Hi just want to ask that if RX6400 is better than RX560 for adobe photoshop CS6. Currently using rx560 4gigs with i7 9700 on my system. Im making another system for designing but oem version so this info will be helpful if it works 

0 Likes