cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

alfabe78a
Journeyman III

ı have a 2 graphic cards in my laptop amd and intel ı want to use amd one but how do ı do thıs?

ı have a 2 graphic cards in my laptop

how can ı choise amd one my computers is windows 10 hp amd ones model is amd radeon hd 8670m intel ones is intel hd graphics family how can ı choise amd one?

0 Likes
7 Replies

Go to Windows 10 Settings - Graphics and there you can choose which GPU you want to use as your primary GPU for various APPs or games.

NOTE: This is the wrong Forum to post your question. Most likely the Moderator will move it to the appropriate AMD Forum.

where can ı found this option ı cant found in options just ı found system and its here?

@elstaci wrote:

Go to Windows 10 Settings - Graphics and there you can choose which GPU you want to use as your primary GPU for various APPs or games.

NOTE: This is the wrong Forum to post your question. Most likely the Moderator will move it to the appropriate AMD Forum.

0 Likes

Click on Window's 10 Settings icon.

Click on "System"

Click on "Graphics Settings"

Screenshot 2020-11-21 063649.png

Then search for the app and select which GPU you want to use and which format:

I just added Leawo Blue Ray player as an example:

In your laptop it should indicate which Graphics you want to use: Discrete or Integrated.

After that if you have any question you need to ask Kingfish.

0 Likes
kroms
Adept III

There are many Articles on this and also  Youtube videos on this.

You can start here.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTIb5YXPx2I

0 Likes

In the past, Radeon Settings had Dual GPU settings for laptops. Not anymore. Windows 10 settings now has that function.

@kingfishcan help you with this issue. He is more familiar than I am. I can't find the article he wrote on how to configure Dual Graphics in laptops in Windows 10.

But I do know if your go to Windows 10 Settings you can set your laptop's Discrete GPU card as the primary GPU card for whatever game or app you will be running.

NOTE: On some laptops you can't disable the Intel Integrated Graphics since the AMD GPU works with the Intel Integrated Graphics.

You will not be able to choose the AMD graphics as the primary graphics driver on all programs or applications. You can't assign the high performance graphics to surf the web, run OGL applications or games. If that's what you are trying to do.

The display function under Win10 handles this now. If your game is not listed, there is a search feature.

I didn't understand a word from what you said please be open

@kingfish wrote:

You will not be able to choose the AMD graphics as the primary graphics driver on all programs or applications. You can't assign the high performance graphics to surf the web, run OGL applications or games. If that's what you are trying to do.

The display function under Win10 handles this now. If your game is not listed, there is a search feature.

@kingfish wrote:

0 Likes