cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Graphics

colmoness
Adept I

Video card slows down, AMD RX 6600

Hi, I don't know English very well, so this post is made with the help of a translator.

I recently encountered a problem that started to slow down video in 1080p, then for a while it was as if the driver was disconnected and everything started to be so slow, like 10 FPS, for example when it happened in the game, really showed 10-12 FPS, and after a while everything came back again, and so could be during the day very many times, I can not understand what is the matter. Tried different versions of drivers, from new to old, everywhere one and the same problem, previously with this has not encountered, half a year everything was fine, even more, but here days 3-4 ago began.

Maybe someone knows what the problem is?

My system:

• CPU — AMD Ryzen 5 3400G
  • GPU — AMD RX 6600
  • RAM — AMD Radeon R9 Gamer Series 2x8 3000 \ 3200
  • 1 HHD — Toshiba P300 1 TB
  • 1 SSD — M2 ADATA Falcon 512 GB
  • POWER — Cougar STE 500W
  • SYSTEM: Windows 10 22H2
8 Replies

First make sure that your games are not utilizing your Integrated Graphics on your APU processor. Go to Windows Settings - Graphics and select your GPU card for those games or apps that you want Windows to use specifically.

IF your RX6600 is reaching 110c then it is overheating and throttling or slowing down or your GPU is being throttled by your CPU.

Check to see if your GPU card temperature is reaching 110c or higher when you have low FPS.

Also check your CPU that that isn't overheating and throttling. Best way is to run Ryzen Master and check the top Icons and see if any are in the RED. If any top Icons are in the Red that would indicate that the CPU is being throttled either by the Motherboard or the CPU itself.

Run OCCT CPU,GPU, & PSU tests to determine if you are having Overheating, Power, or Hardware issues.

NOTE: Inputted your CPU, GPU, & RAM in this FPS/Bottleneck website and it shows this: https://www.cpuagent.com/build-compare/amd-ryzen-5-3400g-vs-intel-core-i9-13900k/summary/amd-radeon-...

Screenshot 2023-07-31 211739.png

Screenshot 2023-07-31 211856.png

It shows significant Bottle-necking of your GPU card by your processor or RAM that you have installed. 

Check out the various games showing the maximum FPS in various Resolutions with your hardware at the same link or website.

The website is a good indicator to give you a general idea if your hardware is being bottle-necked or not.

0 Likes

There is definitely no overheating, this I began to check the first thing, at any time just like 10 FPS, the most important thing is that previously there was no such thing. Video card was bought in December 2022 and faced this only a week ago, passed many games, calmly played in not easy games and everything was fine (Passed the same RDR2), but the weirdness began a week ago

0 Likes

Thanks for the clarification.

Have you checked for any game updates or opened a thread at the game's developer site to see if others are having the same issue as you are?

It is possible this might be a bug in the game and other Users are having similar problems. Possibly the developer of the game might have a patch or temporarily work around.

Have you tried enabling or disabling settings in both the game and Radeon Settings to see if it has any effects on your intermittent FPS slow rates?

0 Likes
Angeluk
Challenger

Your configuration is well balanced and suitable for light gaming. We cant talk about bottlenecking here... Is it CSGO you are experiencing these frame drops???

0 Likes

Yes, I often play this game and the biggest problems in it, maybe 3 times in a minute or two drop FPS in this way, but also in other games happens, although, previously this was not the case

It is probably nothing wrong with your GPU. Just google "csgo framedrops fix" and look for your solution, if one option does not help, try another one. I had the same problem 5 years ago. It is nothing to do with your GPU. It is some cache issue

0 Likes
colmoness
Adept I

I decided to observe at these moments for indicators and saw this, absolutely everything drops to 0, earlier sometimes and the driver shut down, only now I could notice, how to fix it, maybe someone knows?

UPD: This happens not only in games, but also just on the desktop can be when watching videos, at any time, you can not predict it

https://imgur.com/vKf14oW

0 Likes

Open a support ticket with your card manufacturer, if they dont help, contact your supplier

0 Likes