cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

DrZ3R0
Journeyman III

Problems with the Vram of the 6650 XT HELP!

So I'm using a Radeon RX 6650 XT and for 3-4 months I've noticed that after a while the games click for a few seconds and then return to normal, analyzing the system metrics I noticed that the Vram was filling up more and more, for example on Counter-Strike 2 the VRAM started with 6150-6250 MB and then rose, during the gameplay, up to 8008 MB and at that point all the GPU values ​​dropped to 0%, 10% depending on the case, the most common case is 0% and the CPU instead went from 1, 2% to 100% (I know I'm in a GPU bound situation but for work reasons I needed a PC equipped with a powerful processor, and the bottleneck is around 6.5% in 1080p). I did not perform any type of overclocking, only undervolt, of the processor, which I removed to see if that was the problem, and when I removed it I noticed that the processor usage this time remained at 1-2% while the rest of the metrics dropped a lot and I mean things like amperage and voltage, to dig deeper I also tried the wattage Eco-modes and in all cases the CPU went up to 100%, I didn't say it above but the thing lasts from 4 to 16 seconds. This problem started to appear out of nowhere, I think it's a driver but I don't know, for those who are wondering, I've already tried uninstalling the chipset and GPU drivers and reinstalling them but nothing has changed, now I'm using the latest Chipset driver and AMD adrenalin 23.9.1. P.s. In all cases during these events there was a lag in the entire system, I also did various benchmarks and everything works perfectly, the only problem is the Vram. P.P.s. I don't think it's a hardware problem because the components aren't even a year old. The problem only occurs during games and after closing them if the VRAM is totally occupied. To summarize, the VRAM of the 6650XT fills up more and more and when it reaches the maximum it empties slightly, causing the PC to lag. In case you need it, I have both an NVMe SSD and an HDD in my PC, the SSD is the main storage while the HDD is used for paging files and other data, and the PC has high performance. But lately the processor is a little laggy, PLEASE I NEED HELP. Sorry if I made some grammatical errors and for the long message. 

0 Likes
2 Replies
DrZ3R0
Journeyman III

P.P.P.S I'm not completely sure about this part "But lately the processor is a little laggy" because I don't know if it's still the fault of the Vram or for any other reason. I'm making a lot of hypotheses because the PC is well looked after and I've never done strange things so I don't think anything is broken also because all the components are less than a year old .

0 Likes
DrZ3R0
Journeyman III

Computer Type: Desktop

GPU: RX 6650 XT

CPU: RYZEN 5950X

Motherboard: MSI MPG B550 GAMING PLUS

BIOS Version: Latest

RAM: DDR4 SPECTRIX D60G 2*8 3600MHz

PSU: SILENT STORM COOL ZERO 650W 80+ GOLD FULLY MODULAR

Case: NZXT H5 Flow - CC-H51FB-01 - Case ATX

Operating System & Version: WINDOWS 11 PRO LATEST