cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Graphics

YoungWeezer420
Journeyman III

Msi Mech 6700xt issues upon install

• So I'm relatively new to PC a few months ago my buddy got me into it. So we decided to build a pc. Well really I just watched him do it pretty much. Anyways my pc has been great for the most part but I decided to upgrade to a new GPU and it's been unplayable basically I'm sure it's something simple, I just don't know much and my buddy that built it and is knowledgeable about all of this is out of town.

My set up is basically thIs

I5- 12400 cpu

Msi Pro Z690 motherboard

32G of Crucial DDR5 Ram

1tb samsung M.2

2TB external SSD

Samsung G5 1440p/165hz monitor

And up until this week I'd been using a 1660ti that he got me for basically free. So I decided to change it up and go AMD and I'm upset with the decision currently.

I uninstalled all old Nvidia Drivers/GeForce experience etc, removed the GPU and Installed the 6700xt, booted computer up and installed the AMD adrenal Software off the website and updated to latest drivers. When I went to try and play a game, the screen went black and I could hear the intro music etc. I could still move my mouse and back out of the game, just no visuals of the game. So this morning I changed the DisplayPort cord from being plugged into the motherboard, to directly into the GPU. Now games will launch and show, but there is no sound at all. And the game is basically unplayable and choppy due to lag or something. Any help is appreciated. All my life I've been a Playstation gamer until 3 months ago. And this stuff is all stressful and new to me.

0 Likes
2 Replies
blazek
Volunteer Moderator

Welcome to PC gaming!

Your monitor should always be directly connected to your graphics card IO.

You most likely have to change the default audio output settings, go to your Windows settings -> system -> sound -> In the Output section, tap on 'choose where to play sound'

I ended up getting it all working loving my Amd card glad I made the switch! Thanks.

0 Likes