Hello all, I had RX 5700 XT Gaming X from MSI since 05/2020. At 09/2020 I have RMA the card as it was overheating (cooler was not seated properly on the chip). MSI service center repaired the card, but in the same time damaged it and lost connector plugs, so I got my money back (great job MSI).
I have bought RX 5700XT Aorus in the same day I have claimed my MSI card. It was running almost flawlesly for approx 1,5 months. Only issue I had with it (and had with MSI before that) was that all the games or 3DMark were stuttering for a second every 30s to 2 minutes which caused also Radeon Performance Metrics to dissappear. I was not so much worried about it, but in the end I have DDUed the driver and install fresh one - I believe it was 20.11.1.
Since that, stuttering almost completely stopped - I have run repeatedly FireStrike Stress Test and it occured 1x per three 20 minutes run - so issue practicaly fixed. But immediatelly I have starting to experience black screen crashes in Battletech - black screen, trrrrrrrrrrrrr from the headphones and then whole system dies and needs to be restarted. What is the weirdest, normally crashing is seldom - I would say 1x per 2 hours of play max. But when I try to lower the card frequency or worse lower the power limit - it crashes within few minutes. This is also why I did not care about it so much in the beginning as I have just let the limit be, but it got progressively worse. But it never crashes during stress test and it never crashed in Metro Exodus which I have played in the same time as Battletech.
Now I have bought Divinity Original Sin Enhanced Edition and the behaviour is the same like in Battletech. Same for The long dark. Still lowering powerlimit is rapidly increasing issue occurence while extending power limit may somewheat help, but still I have crashes.
I have reinstalled Widows twice already, in the second attempt I have installed drivers 20.11.2 and for maybe 4 hours playing Divinity with -50% power limit without any crash I believed it was solved - and next day it crashed in 30s... Now running back on 20.9.1 with no improvement.
I have noticed that crash is very likely to occur when graphic "regime" of the game changes - loading in-game menus in Battletech, or opening map in Divinity. Also ALT-TAB is often causing the crash.
Yesterday I have bought used ex-mining RX570 "wreck", so far no crashes since...
I have very good case airflow and I am monitoring the temperatures constantly - they are definitely not an issue.