cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

ankurdh
Journeyman III

Unable to run profiler from the command line

Hello, i've been trying to run the profiler from the command line. But the command prompt says that the command clprofiler.exe is not recognized. I've put it in the Classpath and Path.I have VS2008 and the profiler tool works great in it. But I'm not able to figure out how to run it from the command line.

Please help me with this. I need to run the profiler from the command line. I've written a java program that invokes my openCL Programs with the use of Runtime.exec(). I'm not able to do that.

Any help with that is most appreciable.

0 Likes
4 Replies
bpurnomo
Staff

You can try the following from the command line prompt:

1. Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\ATI Stream\Tools\ATI Stream Profiler 1.3\x86\
  2. Create a C:\tmp folder if it doesn't exist.
  3. Type: clprofile.exe -o "C:\tmp\Session1.csv" -w "The full path of the working directory of your project" "The full path to the exe file of your project" “command line arguments to your project (optional)”.  For example: clprofile.exe -o "C:\tmp\Session1.csv" -w "C:\myproject\bin" "C:\myproject\AMD\32bit\myprojectAMD32.exe"
0 Likes

Hi, I have a similar problem. I can run the profiler, but it does not select all the counters for my platform (evergreen) even providing a counter file (tried several formats (what is the right one?)) did not work. Any ideas?

0 Likes

No ideas?

0 Likes

Hi,
   Could you please post your machine configurations: OS and graphics cards?  Using the command line version, you don't have to provide a counter file (it will select all counters by default).  Do you experience the same problem with the Visual Studio plugin?  Which counters are not selected in your test?

0 Likes