cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GPU Developer Tools

jungle
Adept II

GPU utilization / load

I am trying to get the GPU utilization or load.

I have tried using ADL_Overdrive5_CurrentActivity_Get to get ADLPMActivity.iActivityPercent however in the sample it says that this is the current engine clock.

The number I get back is always 100, so I m not sure if this is the actual method I need. Also I am using crimson Version 17.12 which somewhere I read has a bug in this area ?

Is any one able to  suggest another way to get GPU load ?

0 Likes
2 Replies
dipak
Big Boss

The above Overdrive5 API seems to be the appropriate one for querying the GPU activity. I don't have an Overdrive5 supported adapter, so I can't verify it myself. However, as I ran the Overdrive sample on an Overdrive6 supported adapter, it worked as expected. In fact, I modified the code to run it inside a loop. Then the printed activity percent was correctly changing based on the GPU load.

I would suggest you to install the latest driver and then run the sample. If you still don't get the correct value, please report the issue here: Issues · GPUOpen-LibrariesAndSDKs/display-library · GitHub

however in the sample it says that this is the current engine clock.

Looks like a typo because corresponding Overdrive6 code prints it correctly as "Current GPU activity level".

Thanks.

0 Likes

Thanks!

0 Likes