cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

rahulgarg
Adept II

GPU Perfstudio on laptop AMD GPUs + intel CPUs?

Wondering if GPU perfstudio supports notebook systems with discrete/switchable graphics such as notebooks with an Intel CPU with intel integrated graphics +  discrete AMD notebook GPU based on GCN architecture. Will I be able to use the full feature set such as frame profiling?

0 Likes
1 Solution
Lonesled
Staff

I use a Lenovo Z51 (Intel integrated graphics) with AMD discrete R9 M375 and am able to use GPU PerfStudio.

You will need to use the Radeon settings to control which GPU is used for each application. Open Radeon Settings, go to Preferences, click on Radeon Additional Settings. This will open the Radeon Additional Settings UI. Click on Switchable Graphics Application Settings, select your application and set the Graphics Setting to be "High Performance".

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Lonesled
Staff

I use a Lenovo Z51 (Intel integrated graphics) with AMD discrete R9 M375 and am able to use GPU PerfStudio.

You will need to use the Radeon settings to control which GPU is used for each application. Open Radeon Settings, go to Preferences, click on Radeon Additional Settings. This will open the Radeon Additional Settings UI. Click on Switchable Graphics Application Settings, select your application and set the Graphics Setting to be "High Performance".

0 Likes

Thanks for the fast and informative reply.

0 Likes