cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

piyushm1
Adept I

glGetIntegerv(GL_TEXTURE_FREE_MEMORY_ATI, param) not working on Windows 7

I want to use glGetIntegerv with parameter as GL_TEXTURE_FREE_MEMORY_ATI, but all 4 values are coming as 0. The same code if compiled in Windows XP shows proper information.

I have a AMD Radeon HD 7750 graphics card on windows 7 now. I installed the same in another PC with Windows XP 32 bit & it worked fine. Neither in Windows 7 32/64 bit the proper information is available.

The API wglGetGPUInfoAMD gives correct memory info though.

NVidia GPU query APIs work fine on all OS & 32/64 Bit.

What mistake I am doing in my APP? Or there is Bug in the APIs for these OS?

I forget to mention that on Windows XP I installed the same AMD Card & the driver that came with the pack, then executed the same App for getting graphics memory & it worked. But the same graphics card on Windows 7 failed to give any values.

Message was edited by: Piyush Maharana

Message was edited by: Piyush Maharana
I came to know that due to Driver model changes AMD's new drivers do not support ATI_memInfo stuff. Is this true?

Also I learnt that Catalyst 12.8 was the last to support ATI_memInfo. Is this also true?

Anyway I shall install the old Catalyst 12.8 & check if ATI_memInfo works.

0 Likes
2 Replies
nou
Exemplar

check if is driver reporting GL_ATI_meminfo extension.

0 Likes

Hi nou,

GL_ATI_meminfo extension is not supported on my AMD Graphics card HD 7750. the new Drivers do not support them. The same graphics card when installed in Windows XP with relevent drivers WORKS FINE.

Does AMD have any of their own APIs for getting graphics memory information(utimization) during application execution?

I have added some more information in my earlier message.

0 Likes