cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

john1000
Adept II

X370 needs Zen3 too!

We were the early adopters and pioneers for the AM4 socket. We bought with the promise of support throughout the AM4 socket life (*). As long as future processors were electrically compatible, we were going to be able to upgrade them with our existing AM4 X370 motherboards.

As pioneers, we had to work through a lot of pain to get to stability and I went through an endless stream of bios updates, RMAing my CPU (in the case of compiling code & the “marginality” problem), and system hang’s when idle running Linux (c6 cstate bug.) I worked though all of these problems and now have two stable x370 systems at home.

Some people will say, X370 is so old, why would I even expect AMD to support it? I’ve had these motherboards for less than 3 years, I don’t think I’m being unreasonable for them to support these boards for 3 years from the date they were replaced by X470. Heck, there’s hardly any difference between X370 & X470. What ever system AMD will be using to support X470 for Zen3 will work fine for X370.

To AMD: My complaints and others should be viewed as a compliment. The fact that so many people want to upgrade to your next product release says how much market perception has changed over the last 3 years.

So, show some final love to your X370 pioneers.  Give us Zen3.

(*) This might not be technically true, but my own interpretation of past events relating to the initial release reviews and marketing from AMD.  If you disagree, I will not argue the point.

76 Replies