Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

costeakai
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

would am4 mobos get an hdmi2.0 output ?

Jump to solution

that is, if i put an zen apu on it, i could work (not play games) at 4k resolution, without a dedicated video card

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
black_zion
Esteemed Contributor III

Re: would am4 mobos get an hdmi2.0 output ?

Jump to solution

Presumably yes, but motherboard manufacturers may skimp and only use HDMI 1.x, so check the motherboard specs first.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
black_zion
Esteemed Contributor III

Jump to solution

Presumably yes, but motherboard manufacturers may skimp and only use HDMI 1.x, so check the motherboard specs first.

View solution in original post

costeakai
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

hi black_zion, thanks;

i'll double check mobo , zen-apu and samsung.(s)uhd.tv for 4k compatibility;

i don't want to play demanding 4k games, i just want to be able to work in 4k in windows (ms visual studio, browsing,...).

what i'v got, is 3200mhz ddr4 gskill ram , 4x16gb , latency 14.

i haven't got the 4k.tv , am4 mobo and zen apu.

i suppose a hdmi.2.0 on the mobo would fit in with the hdmi.2.0 on the super fast input-lag samsung 2016-KU or KS;

by the time zen apus would come near me, and you, 2016-uhds would be somewhat cheaper ...

0 Kudos
black_zion
Esteemed Contributor III

Jump to solution

Televisions are great for videos and pictures, not so much for general computer displays, as they aren't built to display fine text the way monitors are.

0 Kudos
costeakai
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

i should have 30 days to try my future to be uhd tv; if it will not function well enaugh as a pc monitor, i will return it. we got in our country a formidable store, that allows you to try out for 30 days.

i'm well aware of tv as a monitor shortcomings, but i got a huge confidance to try my next tv as a 4k monitor.

0 Kudos