cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

rebelyell
Exemplar

Windows 7 unparked threads ryzen users all threads usable ryzen threads easy fix.. !

hi guys, its most unfortunate amd parked threads shoertly after release of ryzen on win 7, well i found solution to this . its almost funny how they implemented the degrade to this since amd simply reverted ryzen to pre fx series microslop tech. in simple terms they used old pre 2009 windows microsoft programming to basically shut down win 7 users. well geee duh lets fix this and reverse it back. and i did... i used myself as a guinny pig for this and 2 months of checking all architecture to be sure and found that omg , its so simple they missed the fact that there is the few of us that never forget how and why windows works.

amd parked win 7 using reverse tech from microslop.  now in the day amd complained to microshnit that hyperthreading was not being used properly or at all, and so microsoftly made a fix very fast. hmm interesting right.. oh yes..

i found or should i say used the same microshiit to fix what amd tried to stop with win 7 users. and no offense to amd at all on this topic.

most people were not aware microslop made a kb update to fix fx series cpu's on this and so most googled and found software or paid to fix this issue only using the simple microsoft fix and taking your money.since microsoft never would or will show this update years ago or now. it had to be searched hard and you had to be in the click to find it. well gee geee its still works since its just a windows basic simple block and nothing major. and all win 7 users  wonder why amd or micro would stop the thread usage...

here is the fact, it is not a problem no more i will bring it back to life again with 2 months study i have done , and wow factor of how simple they screwed win 7  users i will help you now now now.

simply add the key to reg.. as was intended by microshi years ago. ok.  i would not in any way tell you to do this if i did not do this and test first and i may be the first to tell this and fix.

after installing microsofts fix for hyperthreads on fx on a win 7 ryzen its simple to see its only a door opening to allow windows 7 to unpark as intended. its actually funny amd used this old tech to stop all threads usage.. but also funny they made it so simple to fix.  windows 7 on ryzen threads resolved.

ok use the microsoft update kb's  i have below . make sure to install 5594 first and reboot then install 6060 and reboot and its done . to simple.

http://hotfixv4.microsoft.com/Windows%207/Windows%20Server2008%20R2%20SP1/sp2/Fix387870/7600/free/44...

this is the 5994 link put this in first and reboot..

http://hotfixv4.microsoft.com/Windows%207/Windows%20Server2008%20R2%20SP1/sp2/Fix391262/7600/free/44...

this is the kb2646060 hotfix aswell and after you install reboot and you can check in task manager windows is now free of parking ryzen in win 7 .. and now you run like win 10 that amd tried to block. using there own to fix this ussue. if you have any questions or download or install problems which it should not, just ask i will help.. !

0 Kudos
6 Replies
rebelyell
Exemplar

Re: Windows 7 unparked threads ryzen users all threads usable ryzen threads easy fix.. !

ryzen master seems to have issues in 7  so if you didnt catch the 5 weeks that you could install ryzen master on win 7 or found issues now that its installed and cant uninstall it . it common that they dont care. or even you cant install it .. no worries . since i am one that installed ryzen master on win 7 and now its confukted .. i have to say shame on amd for not allowing an uninstall even after they blocked win 7 users. shame shame.. but this is not about a simple software of ryzen master but is about allowing windows to see all cores... enjoy ...!!

0 Kudos
rebelyell
Exemplar

Re: Windows 7 unparked threads ryzen users all threads usable ryzen threads easy fix.. !

also i highly recommend copying those links very much and place them in several locations like a usb aswell . you will not find or get these again i pulled from data base.. please spread the wealth for us all thanks....!

0 Kudos
rebelyell
Exemplar

since win 7 is known as not supported window updates which has nothing to do with cpu and windows at all, win 7 does park threads just like fx series did. its a windows flaw. and ofcourse same still remains issue for amd.  so yes the old fix does work as intended per microshit . kb update hotfix as always. i have done all testing to be sure it dont interfere with any instruction sets and so on. if you have doughts later . you would need to reinstall windows again which i have run many pcs with this and runsjust like intel cpu should microshit on amd. this is the fix again as work around. if you want 16 threads and over clocked you i am sure want 16 threads . if not ryzen will pump 2 extra threads at 25% cpu  4 threads at 50% and so on . we want all threads to work all time just like shitintel cpu right. mmkk so us win 7 rebels i have delivered you the fix. i checked heat  and only 1 or 2c higher like its nothing. it allows windows to work properly is all it does as it should have no fear .. i wouldnt lead anyone on wrong path.. but this is the fix for them fukin us over on win 7... peace

0 Kudos
kingfish
MVP

This is a older post...but what has changed?

I Need Better Core Distribution on My FX 6200

Try un-parking your CPU cores.

ParkControl Free – Tweak CPU Core Parking w/o Reboots

For Windows 7 and Windows 8.1

ParkControl Free – Bitsum

What is core parking and should you adjust it? | TCAT Shelbyville – Technical Blog

Win7 Core Parking Optimization for Intel i7 CPUs – FlexRadio Systems

How to increase your FPS for CPU Intensive PC games on Windows 7 and 8 - Gaming - CPUs

IMPORTANT****** Windows 10 users

Windows 10 core parking (Core Parking Index) is controlled by the computer power plan. Setting the power plan to "High Performance" disables any core parking (all cores un-parked). Setting the computer power plan to "Balanced" or "Power Saving" parks any core with less than 5% usage.

IMPORTANT******Ryzen CPU users

Power Plans

Users may have heard that AMD recommends the High Performance power plan within Windows® 10 for the best performance on Ryzen, and indeed we do.  AMD also addressed power plans in Windows 10 and how they affect Ryzen processors. For the moment, the company recommends enabling the High Performance power plan to allow the SenseMI power and frequency management built into the processor to work properly. AMD says this is necessary for two reasons:

1. Core Parking OFF: Idle CPU cores are instantaneously available for thread scheduling. In contrast, the Balanced plan aggressively places idle CPU cores into low power states. This can cause additional latency when un-parking cores to accommodate varying loads.
  2. Fast frequency change: The AMD Ryzen processor can alter its voltage and frequency states in the 1ms intervals natively supported by the “Zen” architecture. In contrast, the Balanced plan may take longer for voltage and frequency (V/f) changes due to software participation in power state changes.

AMD Updates Ryzen's Windows Power Plan, Boosts Performance With New Chipset Driver - ExtremeTech

0 Kudos
1q3er5
Adept I

is it true though if you disable core parking threads are jumping around more affecting performance just as much?  I'm on windows 7 too ... and AMD did release Windows 7 chipset drivers but I have no idea how they addressed core parking or any other power plan values.  very frustrating to find the optimal settings as people are saying conflicting things.

0 Kudos
kingfish
MVP

Win7 and Win8.1 have to manually stop core parking if they don't want that feature.

This pretty well explains it > AMD graphics performance

I Need Better Core Distribution on My FX 6200

0 Kudos