Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

Highlighted
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

windows 10- get black screen when i download drivers

So I have this problem for about 2 weeks and its getting me annoyed ... I had a problem that i only could turn on pc in safe mode so i disabled all windows automatic updates and drivers updates and with that i could turn on my windows normaly... But now if i try to download the recent drivers, in the instalation process, I get a black screen and I need to force turn off my pc... I tryed several things that i saw in some forums but i still get this black screen if i download the gpu drivers... Is this means that my gpu is kinda dead??

Graphic card:amd sapphire r9 270x motherboard:Asus M5A97 PLUS CPU:amd fx 8320 eight-core

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Miniboss
Miniboss

Re: windows 10- get black screen when i download drivers

Normaly when you are installing drivers, the monitor flashes in black and some of them takes some time, syncing resolutions, did you wait a few minutes before you force to shutdown your pc?

Go in safe mode and use ddu to remove older drivers that you have and try install again with administration rights.

Forget to mention, download the drivers for your graphic version manually from the AMD website and install them, dont use any othe method to install them (windows update or crimson).

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

thank you for your reply

ye i already done that alot of times... reinstaled operation system and

nothing... I see that alot of people have this issue with no solution... i

see that the problem is with microsoft (Windows) and the amd cuz this is

driver issues ... i already tryed several diferent drivers and nothing... I

dont know if i need to buy a new gpu to solve the issuo or someone can

solve this..

2017-08-12 22:53 GMT+01:00 hotrith <amd-external@jiveon.com>:

Community <https://community.amd.com/?et=watches.email.thread>

Re: windows 10- get black screen when i download drivers in *General

Discussion*

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Miniboss
Miniboss

there is something that you can try, but is rare if it fix the issue, and you are in your own risk

take off your graphic card and clean the pci-e connector and the graphic connector too

i had some faulty products before, that in some way the graphic card crashs the pc even in bios or recognize as unknown model, i done it 1 AMD graphic and 2 Nvidia´s, and i only had sucess in the 2 product, 1 of the nvidia, didnt do nothing... you can try it, just be carefull.

0 Kudos