cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

danielsapit
Adept I

Windows 10 Error Event ID: 86 CertificateServicesClient-CertEnroll

My laptop frequently freezes and gets DPC_Watchdog_Violation whenever I am connected to the internet.
It first disconnects from the internet by removing the Wifi driver and then proceeds to BSOD with the DPC_Watchdog_Violation error. After that, I need to reset the wifi driver because the wifi driver was removed.
Edit* even when not connected to the internet the error occurs.

GetCACaps

Method: GET(16ms)
Stage: GetCACaps
The server name or address could not be resolved 0x80072ee7 (WinHttp: 12007 ERROR_WINHTTP_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED)

I can't find any solutions to this issue online.
There are already discussions about this but there doesn't seem to be any solution yet.

https://community.amd.com/t5/drivers-software/amd-ftpm-causes-random-stuttering-issue/td-p/510369

https://community.amd.com/t5/processors/ftpm-problem-with-windows-aik-scep-certificate-enrollment-ev...

https://community.amd.com/t5/processors/failed-to-initialize-scep-certificationregistration-windows-...

I am using Windows 10.

I've tried updating drivers and disabling the task in Task Scheduler but none seem to work.
Updating the chipset driver just delays the next error.

7 Replies
danielsapit
Adept I

It turns out, I already had been getting Event ID: 86 CertificateServicesClient-CertEnroll errors long back before I started experiencing DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION BSOD. (other AMD users I know were also getting this error in Event Viewer, but they don't experience crashing). Hence, why disabling the task in Task Scheduler, replacing it with someone else's copy, and even deleting the task (I restored the task back via system restore) does not prevent the error. 

This BSOD occurs even when using Safe mode with Networking.

So far what I did was use Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) and uninstall the AMD graphics driver. After restarting the computer, I noticed the wifi driver was back. After waiting for a couple of hours longer than when the BSOD would occur, the error did not occur so far. I decided to install the AMD graphics driver from Asus specific for my laptop, the version older than the most recent one because I still got the error with the latest version after the recent windows update. 

Before I installed the AMD Graphic driver, I renamed the old folder destination. During the installation of this driver, the Wifi driver was removed. I did a network reset and after a while, I got an internet connection. I waited for several hours to see if it would crash again. I am still getting the Event ID: 86 CertificateServicesClient-CertEnroll error though but so far it has not crashed yet. 

*Edit:
After plugging the charger into the laptop,  the Wifi driver was removed, and a DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION BSOD occurred. Checking the Event Viewer, there was the Event 86 error when the BSOD occurred.
Performing a network reset did not remove the hidden Wifi driver so I manually uninstalled the Wifi driver and reinstall the latest Wifi driver from Asus. However, the driver was unable to connect to the internet, and eventually, the driver was removed again. This time I installed the Wifi driver that is closer to the release date of the AMD graphics driver I installed, however, the same thing happened. Performing "netsh winsock reset", "netsh int ip reset", and "ipconfig /flushdns" didn't help. 
I turned the laptop off and waited for a couple of hours and turned it on again. The Wifi driver was back and there was an internet connection. I waited again for a while to see if the BSOD would occur again but so far it has not crashed yet.
I noticed in notifications that Microsoft Visual C++ 2012, 2013, and 2015 UWP Desktop Runtime Package and DirectX Runtime are starting but they won't finish. I am not sure if this is a symptom because they usually would finish in a few seconds. So I ignored them and closed their notification.

0 Likes

I wrote what I had been trying to do to provide enough details in case someone knows how to fix my problem and also to help those who are also experiencing similar problems. 

Update:

After turning the laptop off and turning it on the following day (with the charger plugged in), there was still an internet connection but the DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION BSOD occurred a few minutes after signing in.  After the automatic restart, the Wifi driver was removed (hidden in Device Manager). Turning the laptop off and on (not restart) again restored the Wifi driver and the internet connection, but the BSOD still occurred a few minutes after. 

I have also noticed that right-clicking to open the context menu is slow. I experienced this on both the latest AMD graphics driver and the older AMD graphics driver.

I performed a clean boot by selecting Selective startup with Load system services checked and Load startup items unchecked in System Configuration. I went to the Services tab and checked Hide all Microsoft services and clicked Disable all.
I turned the laptop off and on again. The Wifi driver was still hidden and right-click context menu was still slow.  I set it back to Normal startup.

I was unable to see what the Windows update that led to the frequent BSOD was. I uninstalled the update whose date was closest to the day the BSOD was occurring. After restarting, I tried to bring the Wifi driver back. After getting the Wifi driver and internet connection back, again, I waited for several hours and no BSOD occurred yet. I decided to turn it off and on again to see if the same scenario will happen again.
I was unable to pause updates when the internet connection came back. The laptop said that it was working on an update after turning it on.  However, according to the update history, there was no update that says that an update was installed on this day. Fortunately, there was still an internet connection and it did not crash yet so far.

I unplugged the charger and plugged it back to see if it would cause the BSOD again. BSOD did not occur about half an hour after unplugging and a few hours after plugging. I launched a graphics-heavy game, and a few minutes later, the wifi driver was removed and the BSOD occurred.

Checking the list of installed updates, the update I uninstalled was reinstalled. I uninstalled it and then proceeded to restore the internet connection. After restoring the internet connection, the BSOD occurred upon sign-in. The windows update was automatically reinstalled. I disabled windows update in services.msc and I tried to uninstall it but it said that an error occurred and not all updates were successfully uninstalled. I turned the laptop off and on until I regain internet connection. After regaining the internet connection and waiting for several minutes no BSOD occurred. I turned it off and on to see if the internet connection would stay. The internet connection stayed and it did not crash for several minutes.

0 Likes

You need to supply your computer specs.

https://community.amd.com/t5/knowledge-base/information-required-when-posting-a-discussion/ta-p/4227...

Information Required When Posting a Discussion

Describe your system:

• AMD Graphics Card Make & Model
    • Radeon VII
  • Desktop or Laptop System
    • If a laptop, Make and Model of the Laptop
  • Operating System
    • Windows 10 64bit 1909 Build
  • Driver version installed
    • Radeon Software Adrenaline 20.10.1
  • Display Make and model and connection/adapter in use, resolution, and refresh rate.
    • Samsung UE32850R 3840x2160 @60Hz Active DP to HDMI adapter
    • One line for each display device connected
  • CPU/APU Make and model number
    • Ryzen 5 5600X

0 Likes

OP should also supply the full Event ID 86 message, his is different to the commonly reported 'status not found'.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..

Thanks for the reminder. I wasn't sure what to post. Here's what I found:

• System Information
    • Operating System: Windows 10 Home Single Language 64-bit (10.0, Build 19044) (19041.vb_release.191206-1406)
    • System Manufacturer: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.
    • System Model: ASUS TUF Gaming A15 FA506QM_FA506QM
    • BIOS: FA506QM.308 (type: UEFI)
    • Processor: AMD Ryzen 7 5800H with Radeon Graphics (16 CPUs), ~3.2GHz
  • Display Devices
    • Card name: AMD Radeon(TM) Graphics
    • Manufacturer: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
    • Chip type: AMD Radeon Graphics Processor (0x1638)
    • DAC type: Internal DAC(400MHz)
    • Monitor Name: Generic PnP Monitor
    • Monitor Model: unknown
    • Monitor Id: NCP004D
    • Native Mode: 1920 x 1080(p) (144.000Hz)
    • Output Type: Internal
  • AMD Graphics Driver
    • V27.20.14044.2001 (current)
    • V27.20.14044.4001
  • Wifi Driver
    • MediaTek WLAN Driver V3.00.01.1100 
    • MediaTek WLAN Driver V3.00.01.1108 (current)
  • Radeon Software
    • Software Version: 10.20.40028.0
    • Driver Version: 20.40.44.02-210318a-367036C-Asus

I downloaded drivers for 2021-ASUS-TUF-Gaming-A15 from the Asus website.

0 Likes

Thanks for the reminder. I wasn't sure what to post. Here's what I found:

• System Information
    • Operating System: Windows 10 Home Single Language 64-bit (10.0, Build 19044) (19041.vb_release.191206-1406)
  • Display Devices
  • AMD Graphics Driver
    • V27.20.14044.4001
  • Wifi Driver
  • Radeon Software

0 Likes

*I've been trying to reply but my posts keep getting rejected and marked as spam.

Thanks for the reminder. Here's what I found:

• System Information
  • Display Devices
  • AMD Graphics Driver
    • V27.20.14044.4001
  • Wifi Driver
  • Radeon Software

0 Likes