cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

Windows 10 2H2020 Update to be major release, and much more intrusive

Yea, not buying it Microsoft that it won't be applied to all users....

https://wccftech.com/microsoft-massive-windows-10-20h2-build-19042-421-kb4568831/

13 Replies

In my experience every time a software company says less clutter it means they want to hide or eliminate ever darn thing I am use all the time and that is supposed to be helpful?!

I wish Microsoft and others would stop changing their interfaces for fluff reasons and concentrate on stability and security more. 

Or at the very least not release major required updates which break modems or printers...

Hey that's not right, their updates break way more than just modems & printers.  Heck some even delete your data!

0 Likes

But if Microsoft thinks a program that runs without issues shouldn't be used, they should be able to delete it!

It makes sense the less you think about it. 

0 Likes

The more I think about this, the more it kinda upsets me they are making changes like this at this point.

The biggest complaint I get from company users is when something changes. One little change really messes some people up. 

Right now with so many still working from home and the inability to really sit and work with those users who don't easily get change is just not possible at the workplace in many cases.

Microsoft could not possibly pick a worst time to change things that will cause stumbling blocks for users.

With so many issues facing IT staff and end users at this point nobody needs anything more to be a problem.

0 Likes

I have lots of experience with IT for my own shop. Decades of it with DOS onwards.CP/M for a TRS-80 and IBM System 360 and System 370.

0 Likes

thats what they call job loss prevention actions, never intended to give their customers a fully working and functional OS, whitout the bloat ware and options to users who want to get ridd of some of the things that eat up processor time, mem and harddisk space..

More and more win10 gets nintendo contents that do not add up to any functionality at all, especially if you don't use it.

For example: hyperv, xbox crap, remote desktop, fax, printers, scanners, finger printing,one drive, cortana, all the default win10 app crap that no one really uses or want to use, and i could go on and on.

With the last few updates they limit the user more and more to be able to disable certain services(greyed out), and more and more crap comes in that you as a user cannot disable, you are basically not the boss of your own devices, microsoft decides what is good for you, microsoft is your big daddy and daddy makes the rules.

Microsoft basically has become his own enemy, and one day a lot of users will look for an alternative os that provides what they want, and not what the maker of the os wants.

0 Likes

chris1969 wrote:

thats what they call job loss prevention actions, never intended to give their customers a fully working and functional OS, whitout the bloat ware and options to users who want to get ridd of some of the things that eat up processor time, mem and harddisk space..

More and more win10 gets nintendo contents that do not add up to any functionality at all, especially if you don't use it.

For example: hyperv, xbox crap, remote desktop, fax, printers, scanners, finger printing,one drive, cortana, all the default win10 app crap that no one really uses or want to use, and i could go on and on.

With the last few updates they limit the user more and more to be able to disable certain services(greyed out), and more and more crap comes in that you as a user cannot disable, you are basically not the boss of your own devices, microsoft decides what is good for you, microsoft is your big daddy and daddy makes the rules.

Microsoft basically has become his own enemy, and one day a lot of users will look for an alternative os that provides what they want, and not what the maker of the os wants.

Storage costs are at all time lows, adding some features to windows is mostly for application developers 

I use Corel and Adobe among other packages

0 Likes

only when you are in developer mode and my machine is not in that mode and still get crap greyed out.

One of my pc's i use for gaming and gaming alone nothing else, no email, words,adobe,cortana,or apps or services that might interfere with the data flow to the internet servers of that game, to limit ping responce time to lower the latency so i don't have the issues many other have like lag microstutter, high latency etc etc.

I even got ridd of the microsoft reserved internet speed thats about 30% of your total internet speed.

To prevent me from doing this over and over again, i disabled windows update completly and lowered the cpu utilisation which ranged before between 2 and 6% when doing nothing, to 1% max when doing nothing, and ram from 2.6 gig to 1.6 gig, i can lower that to 1.1 gig or even lower then that, just by preventing services from beeing loaded into ram.

Even when you don't use the services does not mean it eats up ram space, disabling it in your settings does nothing at all, it still is checked by your cpu as it is loaded into your main system ram, by disabling those services as mutch as possible and prevent it from loading in to ram at the first place you can lower the amount of time your cpu has to check on things you don't use any way, and miliseconds is an ethernity for a cpu, especialy when you are gaming.

0 Likes

I have 32GB of RAM and my R5 3600 seems happy with it. I have an Intel 665p M.2 NVMe SSD 2TB so my system volume is not starving for applications storage needs.

Windows is much better now with hundreds or even thousands of fonts.

0 Likes

I have windows 10 setup more like Windows 8 with the full screen instead of the small amount of space shown with the default Start menu.

0 Likes
chris1969
Adept II

If i had the money for it i would buy a better setup, unforntunatly thats not the case for me for the last 7 years, until then i have do deal with what i have got.

Food clothes and maintaning my house is more important then having a top notch pc.

0 Likes