cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

mben
Adept I
Adept I

Will a AMD Ryzen 7 1700 tower display on a Intel Pentium Monitor ?

Hello everyone

I'm interested in purchasing a  CybertronPC Gaming Desktop PC Rhodium AMD Ryzen 7 1700 3.0GHz (8 Cores) 16GB DDR4 1TB HDD NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 2GB GDDR5 MS Windows 10 Home 64-Bit without the monitor. I have a factory model Intel(R) Pentium(R) Dual CPU E2140, and I would like to know if the monitor for the Intel can handle the AMD Ryzen 7 ? Or would I need to get a monitor that is specifically designed to run the Ryzen 7's graphics ?

0 Kudos
7 Replies
ray_m
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Will a AMD Ryzen 7 1700 tower display on a Intel Pentium Monitor ?

There is no such thing as an "Intel Pentium Monitor".,  The Intel Pentium is a CPU, the monitor has nothing to do with the brand of CPU.

As long as the monitor has an input port that can be used with the output of the graphics card, there should be no issue.

mben
Adept I
Adept I

Thank you for the response Ray_m

Oh so the monitor doesn't actually effect the graphics of the CPU ?

And When you say an "input port that can be used with the output of the graphics card" Are you referring to the monitors USB wire ?

0 Kudos
bearcat22
Challenger
Challenger

mben
Adept I
Adept I

Thank you for the info

It helped quite abit.

mben
Adept I
Adept I

But this kind of brings me to another question about this. How would I know if my monitors input port can be used with the output port of the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 ? would i simply have to eyeball the ports of the devices, or can I find this out from the specs ? Because I honestly am not sure how to tell.

0 Kudos
bearcat22
Challenger
Challenger

The GTX 1050 has three different ports you can use

HDMI

Display Port

D-DVI

Your monitor will have to have one of those. If your not sure what they look like then google them and there will be pictures online.

0 Kudos
mben
Adept I
Adept I

Thanks a bunch

All this great intel, you guys are helping me out, big time

0 Kudos