cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

kikitinho
Journeyman III

why Japanese ryzen 9 price its so high ?

why the price of Ryzen 9 3900x on japan its so high ? 

amazon japan

Price:

76.400 yens  = dollar   $704,88 (15 oct)

amazon USA

$588,89  in yens   =  63.824 yens

0 Likes
1 Solution

I know plenty of times here in the USA the price takes a long time to trickle from conversion rates into the retail price.

Maybe a tariff/tax thing? Maybe ask the sales team at your retailer in Japan. Maybe AMD support could get an answer about that: https://www.amd.com/en/support/contact-email-form 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
7 Replies

I know plenty of times here in the USA the price takes a long time to trickle from conversion rates into the retail price.

Maybe a tariff/tax thing? Maybe ask the sales team at your retailer in Japan. Maybe AMD support could get an answer about that: https://www.amd.com/en/support/contact-email-form 

0 Likes
mikekane7
Adept I

Not sure about the price. But if this one is awesome game I will give a try for this one. 

I see that in Canada too, and i love criticising vendors for it

kikitinho
Journeyman III

yes i bought it on amazon usa its cheap then japan with tax and shipment

kikitinho wrote:

yes i bought it on amazon usa its cheap then japan with tax and shipment

i do that too but I also import some low cost items from china such as SATA cables etc

0 Likes
leyvin
Miniboss

Typically speaking Local Retailers take advantage of Currency Conversion.

For example the R9 3900X is $530 (US), £503 (UK) and ¥74,999 (JP) from Amazon Prime. 

Now as a note Sales Tax (US) ranges from 6 - 10.5% (this isn't part of the price shown)

Where-as the UK is shown with the included 20% VAT and Japan is shown with the included 8% JCT … this as a note means if you're purchasing for Business Purposes (i.e. VAT Free), you can claim back said charge as part of your End-of-Year Declarations.

This means the actual price of the product in the US is between $562 - 586 

Where-as the UK price (converted) is $645 and Japan price (converted) is $690

The reality is., we're both being gouged... and a lot of this has nothing to do with Taxes, Import Tariffs or such. 

It's just because Retail Stores can do this, without many of us realising how much we're being overcharged. 

I mean there is something DEFINATELY wrong, when we can pay Import Duty, VAT and International Shipping; and we're STILL paying less than sourcing locally. I mean if WE can do that as individuals, Business' should be able to easily do that to provide us with more reasonable local prices, as they can purchase at Wholesale. 

I guess to a degree it could also be Distribution though, maybe they're just not sending enough to said Regions. 

For Japan that does make some sense as AMD Sales have never been particularly good there... they tend to be on-par with Microsoft (who have heavily pulled out of Japan, because it just isn't worth it for them).

Where-as for the UK., well we're one of the Largest AMD Markets. 

Unfortunately AMD has started to become ever more US-Centric (like their competitors) now that they've started to see greater success., and hopefully we'll see them eventually improve distribution so other Territories aren't paying Premiums; but I wouldn't hold your breath given the current approach from their Management.

I'm glad they're doing well now... I just hate how they're following in the footsteps of the other companies who treat their international consumers as little more than 'additional revenue sources' rather than valued markets. 

0 Likes

Japan, Canada and even the EU members have long noted pricing discrepancies.

I recall one corporate report that mentioned earning from FX suggesting that American Greed is still as big of a problem as ever

0 Likes