cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

Highlighted
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Why does my real name show instead of my user name?

Jump to solution

I placed a query somje minutes ago and when I checked the repsective forum, it shos my real name instead of the user name. What is the reason and what can I do to resolve that?

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Why does my real name show instead of my user name?

Jump to solution

Hey solyong,

You real name only appears to yourself, on your screen. To all others here in the forums, your user name is shown. There are certain elements that can be seen by AMD employee's, but even that is user controlled via your personal settings. I hope this clears that up for you and anyone else that may also have been wondering this as well.

To view and edit your privacy settings, hover over your profile picture as seen below.

Style doesn't come cheap.png

Then select the privacy tab and adjust them to your preference.

545465548.png

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Hey solyong,

You real name only appears to yourself, on your screen. To all others here in the forums, your user name is shown. There are certain elements that can be seen by AMD employee's, but even that is user controlled via your personal settings. I hope this clears that up for you and anyone else that may also have been wondering this as well.

To view and edit your privacy settings, hover over your profile picture as seen below.

Style doesn't come cheap.png

Then select the privacy tab and adjust them to your preference.

545465548.png

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Big Boss
Big Boss

Jump to solution

I see you as "solyong".

As savagebeastzero​  mentions, check your privacy settings(Preview your profile, "Select One"(options), will show how they appear to others.) .

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3200c16d kit, Aorus nvme gen4 1tb,
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

Thank you, guys, for the prompt answers! I am new in this forum, so please appoligize my lack of knowledge.