cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

Highlighted
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Why am I getting so may BSOD's with my Ryzen 1800x, and ASrock x370 Prime Pro motherboard, using Windows 10 Pro?

I have recently upgraded my system to Ryzen 1800x, and ASrock x370 Prime Pro motherboard,running Windows 10. I am running Corsair Vengence Ram set at 2666,but I keep getting all kinds of different BSOD's. This never happened with my X99 board.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor III

Re: Why am I getting so may BSOD's with my Ryzen 1800x, and ASrock x370 Prime Pro motherboard, using Windows 10 Pro?

Is your exact RAM model on the motherboard's QVL list?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Re: Why am I getting so may BSOD's with my Ryzen 1800x, and ASrock x370 Prime Pro motherboard, using Windows 10 Pro?

Yes, it is the exact ram on their list. I have checked and double checked it with Memtest, and no errors. The errors are all random, IRQL not less or equal too, Kmode,

kernal. you name it and it pops up. And yes this is a fresh install of Windows 10 Pro. All the drivers are updated, and so is the BIOS.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor III

It's still the RAM, most likely it' s SK Hynix modules, you can check it with ADIA64, it's what my Corsair Vengeance LPX RAM was doing as well. Set it to 2133 and your problem should disappear.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Hi, reset the ram back to 2133 and couldn't even get into windows, just kept getting error after error. went back to 2666 and better but still not right.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forerunner
Forerunner

These boards have had a lot of bios updates for memory compatibility. Make sure you update to the latest bios for your motherboard.

Setting your memory to a slower speed should not prevent you from booting windows. You have some strange stuff going on. How exactly are you configuring the memory? How many sticks of ram do you have? If you have two sticks, then you should be using DIMM slots A2 and B2.

Also, there is no ASRock Prime Pro. That would be an ASUS motherboard. You have been downloading the right drivers for your motherboard right?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Sorry your right, It is The ASrock X370 gaming X, and yes it is updated to the newest Bios,and all the drivers are current, I am using 4 sticks, and yes when putting the memory settings back to 2133, I got error after error and would just keep rebooting. I now have the memory set at 2800 and it seems to be ok for now.

0 Kudos