cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

ianoliver
Adept I

While gaming monitor suddenly "No Signal" then GPU spins at 100% speed.

This happened to me for almost 1 week after changing the thermal paste of my CPU, when I'm encountering this problem I can still the sound of the game that I'm currently playing.

PC Specs
Ryzen 5 2600
ASUS Strix RX 580 8gb OC
Seasonic 620w 80+ Bronze
16gb memory

I hope you guys can help me to this issue. Thanks in advance.

7 Replies
BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

Maybe your video cable has come loose or a power connector to the video card is loose.  Check all power connections at the devices and at the PSU.  If you have another HDMI or Display Port cable, give that a try too.

As Albert Einstein said, "I could have done so much more with a Big Al's Computer!".
0 Likes

I already checked those connections and ports but still the same. I also tried different solutions like cleaning my entire system, only using 1 8GB RAM stick and removing my extra chassis fans connector to the motherboard this method works but it only last for 10 minutes then the problem occurred again. Which component do you think is faulty?

0 Likes
BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

If there is a faulty component, it's likely your video card.  But don't give up on it yet.  Is there another PCIe port on your motherboard?  If so, try plugging your RX580 OC video card into that slot.  The fact that you were working on the motherboard and then this problem surfaced might suggest that you possibly broke something too.  It happens even to experienced builders sometimes.

As Albert Einstein said, "I could have done so much more with a Big Al's Computer!".
0 Likes
GreatnessRD
Miniboss

What have your temps looked like on the CPU and GPU since you did the repaste? That might be the problem. Just tossing out ideas.

Leonidas - Ryzen 7 5800X3D | MBA RX 6800 XT Midnight Black | Be Quiet 802 Silent Base (Main)
Maximus - Ryzen 7 3700x | Power Color Fighter RX 6700 XT | Fractal Ridge ITX Case (HTPC)
0 Likes

For my CPU when I'm playing Lost ark before it's temp is 75c - 79c+ now 66c to 72c. For GPU from 55c+ to 50c - 52c. It turns out the heat for those 2 has been lessen but problem still occurred whenever I tried to play games in Full Screen and High Graphics it still No signal then GPU fans spins so fast. That's why right now all the games that I play are in low settings and 1600x900 window mode.

0 Likes
djasthma
Adept III

what driver are you using? if it is 22.7.1 then it is an issue that has been reported in previous treads and you should roll back the driver

ianoliver
Adept I

I'm using 22.3.1 right now. I installed old driver after encountering this problem.

0 Likes