cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

Re: When will the rx 580/ rx 480 be restocked again?

You are forgetting the GTX 1070 has been in production an entire year whereas the 580 has only been on the market for 2 months, there are many more 1070 cards available to begin with.

0 Kudos
rebelyell
Exemplar

and vega is launching in few weeks. so why would a distributer have full stocked shelves when everyone is going to run for vega?

0 Kudos
shspvr
Adept III

Yes true but sale figer of out going card are not that high and all vol seem to be AMD 480/580 right now or at lease it was in tell the stock run out.

0 Kudos
shspvr
Adept III

So true but no word on pricing just bunch of here say and by the time I get enough save up it will be next year I hoping to get RX 580 by at lease Sep/Oct as long nothing else break down.

0 Kudos

Because Vega will not launch in the same class as the RX 580, they will all be above it. The Vega based cards to replace Polaris based RX 500 series will release later, end of the year to next year.

0 Kudos

In actuality, Nvidia cards are truly not as prepared to the ethereum boom. Pascal excelled at many cryptos, but gets beaten by Polaris in ethereum mining especially with tweaks.

Search up rx 580 ethereum bios mod or something and you'll find they are actually great at ethereum mining.

Example: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1881008.0;all

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0CbyDF8Rhg5LS1CdldsUGs5OTQ/view

Actual power draw per 470/480/570/580 card from wall could be 90 W or less with 29-30 MH/s. Good luck to AMD that they could actually catch the opportunity

shspvr
Adept III

Yup it to bad that black_zion didn't do any real research on the subject or he would know, even it take me some time find all right info on what heck was going on

But on flip side that also a real problem for us gamer if look at Steam with Hardware Stat Survey which show nVidia dominating the stat survey and look you see that RX 480 has been take a drop in points

0 Kudos
santanu4ver
Adept I

This is really something AMD needs to look and restock as soon possible if they're concerned about gamers. I understand they're working on cards for miners, but till then gamers will count stars!? C'mon AMD, please, restock RX 580 I need only 1! Dmn miners!

0 Kudos