cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

pokester
Esteemed Contributor III

Re: When is amd competent enough roll up there sleves and reign over the 1080 ti competition?

Jump to solution

Are you comparing current 1080ti pricing to older Vega pricing?  I count 7 Vega 64's on Newegg for under $600. Just looked at 1080ti and cheapest is $733. Not sure where you are getting your prices. I won't deny a bit that the 1080ti is currently faster, but the Vega really is no slouch. Current pricing certainly is a bigger discount that the performance deficit too IMHO, however driver issues is another issue. If (big if) they get the driver issues settled and history repeats itself it will be better performance over the next couple of years too. I highly expect that as the DX12 games really begin to hit, that it will truly begin to show it's worth. Heck have you seen the Battlefield V alpha benchmarks so far 1060 6gb vs the RX 580 at 1080 and 1440? The RX 580 is destroying the 1060, and it's a Nvidia sponsored game. The RX 580 has easily seen a 25% performance boost over it's original incarnation of the RX 480. Regardless neither of the companies are responsible for the inflated pricing. Talk to the miners and retailers about that. I too would have a tough time buying a Vega over the Green teams equivalent at the moment but like for the facts to be exactly that, facts, removing the emotion from it all. Good luck whatever path you go. 

0 Kudos
packard93
Adept III
Adept III

Re: When is amd competent enough roll up there sleves and reign over the 1080 ti competition?

Jump to solution

got the 1080 ti on  sale on amazon for 650 .

0 Kudos
pokester
Esteemed Contributor III

Jump to solution

That is a great price! I scored a 1060 6gb for 199 last week and was pretty happy with that.

0 Kudos
ajlueke
Exemplar
Exemplar

Jump to solution

"vega 64 for 799 is overpriced"

Good thing it doesn't cost that much.

0 Kudos