cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor III

What has cryptocurrency brought us: ASUS Special "mining" edition cards, rig with 8 mining edition cards

8 Replies
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor III

Re: What has cryptocurrency brought us: Special "mining" edition cards, rig with 8 mining edition cards

ASUS has two confirmed models, one based on the RX 470, and one based on the P106.

MINING-RX470-4G | Graphics Cards | ASUS Global

MINING-P106-6G | Graphics Cards | ASUS Global

Highlighted
Big Boss
Big Boss

Re: What has cryptocurrency brought us: ASUS Special "mining" edition cards, rig with 8 mining edition cards

bitcoins are the biggest waste of time and money yet

gaming is what i spend my cash on and I still buy games frequently

Highlighted
Adept III
Adept III

Re: What has cryptocurrency brought us: ASUS Special "mining" edition cards, rig with 8 mining edition cards

I am curious: how do you get enough PCI-E to run 8 cards from a Celeron?

Even if each card is downgraded to X4, that is 32 lanes.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor III

Mining doesn't require the constant high speed flow of information that gaming does, plus there is PCIe connectivity from the chipset itself.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor III

Highlighted
Big Boss
Big Boss

Looks like a hard slot to leverage without long riser cables.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor III

And AMD isn't stopping: http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/AMDGPU-Pro-Beta-Mining-Driver-for-Linux-Release-Notes...

Which according to a Phoronix review results in a 600% performance improvement, using 6 Vega GPUs: AMDGPU-PRO 17.40 Yields Huge Speed-Up For Radeon Mining Performance - Phoronix

Well, at least AMD cards won't collect dust on the shelves, but they're not collecting dust in gaming PCs either...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Big Boss
Big Boss

This bitcoin bubble sure is a real problem, as once it pops a lot of people will be be holding a worthless pile of bits.

Worse is that rival cryptocurrency are popping up all over, so where is the valuation, so more bubbles.

I suggest running for the hills and stay far far away from bitcoins

0 Kudos