cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

Armosic
Adept I

Wattman error message

Hi there may you have a solution for this problem.

I got this error message (wattman settings have been restored due to an unexpected system failure) after maybe 1hour using my pc the screen freeze and the pc restart 

here some pc details:

MSI MPG Z490 GAMING EDGE WIFI ATX Intel S 1200 SI

Intel core i9-10900KF S1200 3.7GHz Tray

32GB Ram

Radeon rx 6900xt 

no overclocking or undervolting 

0 Likes
10 Replies

I've had similar error messages, and they where fixed completely by reinstalling the AMD graphic drivers with a clean factory install. You do a clean factory install by choosing it at the beginning of the AMD graphic driver installation, and after this, choose to delete all saved precepts.

After letting the program uninstall the old graphic driver and precepts and having reinstalled the new ones completely clean, all errors should be removed.

This fix also fixes all black screen crash issues.

0 Likes
Revan83
Adept II

I've been with that problem for a week too. I still have not found a solution, since reinstalling drivers, undervolting the GPU, etc., does not correct anything.

However, and after reading that many people are suffering from this error or very similar ones, I did some research and saw that the problems started just when Windows installed two important security updates (I don't remember right now what code they have, because I'm in the office and here I have not been installed this updates).

I think that these updates may be causing a problem with the AMD drivers, because I consider that it is impossible that more or less around the same dates (week up or week down) to many people this problem begins to occur without having done any kind of change on the computer.

Revan83
Adept II

The Windows updates that I mentioned are KB4598242 and KB4598229. One of them can be uninstalled but the other cannot.

Maybe it's a coincidence but, without having made any changes to the Adrenalin settings or the games, I started getting this Wattman problem (sometimes even Driver Timeout) after receiving these automatic updates.

I uninstalled the update that allows you to do this (I think it was KB4598242, but I don't remeber exactly) but the error kept happening. I gather you have to know the other one.

0 Likes

Thanks for replying

Im going to try that maybe its working hopefully lol crazy that they cant fix a 3 year old problem

it seems that my problem was the chipdriver of my mainboard i updated it and now it didnt crashed since 12hours hopefully its fixed with that may u have the same issue wish you luck

Bios-update finally fixed it as well for me.   X470 mainboard from MSI and update was released on "2020-06-16" "- Fix HDMI audio lost issue when use AMD RX570 vga card.", thats what i use.

Maybe this is helpful for someone, but i will definately never buy anything again anymore from MSI, it was supposed to be a "Gamers Mainboard".

0 Likes

it doesnt matter witch mainboard...... asrock.. msi..... asus.....

its one of the less b450

Ryzen7 5800X 4,95ghz; LLC3; 420mm Liquid Freezer2; Corsair RGB Pro SL 32gb/2 - 3600mhz CL18; Sapphire RX6800 Pulse OC; Asus XG27AQ 165Hz; MSI X570 Gaming Plus PPT:137W EDC:135A TDC:95A; BeQuiet! PP 730W
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

When choosing a new motherboard you shouldn't skimp, my old one has survived its service for over 6 years with several upgrades, an Asus Sabbertooth 990X. My current one-year GiBy Aorus X399 Pro is probably made of the same material. Always pay attention to reliability, the best chipset, manufacturer and of course the price-performance ratio is also important. Possibly also include the costs of a selected CPU. Both for me together 450 euros, the reason is the Threadripper 1900X 8 Core for 150 euros. That was not possible at the same price a year ago together with another 8 Core. After the assembly I did not have a BIOS start, but after several attempts I was able to solve my problem with Gigabyte Support. I simply screwed the Aorus Liquid 240 too tightly onto the CPU, loosened it one turn and then started and installed without having to set anything in the BIOS. If my system survives 6 years, I'll be satisfied.

0 Likes

Like everyone else and their mother i am having the same problems and symptoms. Iv tried about everything. Latest Fresh drivers, previous drivers, older drivers. All wiped with DDU in between. Chip set update, and every form of tuning people claim to have set in order to fix this crash problem. Bought this 580rx card for gaming and gaming is exactly what it cannot do.

Yes, it is truly exasperating. Unfortunately it seems that this time it does not matter how many adjustments we make, the solution will have to be provided by AMD with a driver update.

0 Likes