cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

rowdie
Journeyman III

Video Wall installers, how often do you have to RMA displays?

I'm a project manager on quite a few video wall installs and we seem to have an unacceptably high return rate on monitors. 20% maybe greater with issues that require we rma the device. This is a huge problem when we're flying techs out to all corners of the US. 

Asking because I wondering if more training needs to happen or maybe tighter review on some of the subs we have or if it's just the nature of the beast. Any data on your RMA rates would be greatly appreciated. I'm trying to pull together our records, but off the top of my head I want to say easily 20% of monitors. So if you're doing a 3X3 or 4X4 video wall you're pretty much guaranteed an issue. 

0 Likes
2 Replies
rowdie
Journeyman III

For the record 4X4 video wall, four devices RMA'd.  Well seems like I'm barking up the wrong tree. Gotta go find the display hangers union!   Still don't have the report pulled together but 20% returned seems like where the number is going to fall.  That is almost unreal to me. 

0 Likes
Patrick1st
Journeyman III

You're good.

This is usual bc, either the customer picked a cheap option that you have to stick with or just bad luck from whoever was in charge before.

Honestly, if the contract is covering it, pffffffffffffffff just make sure you use all of it with your profit margin man!.

Anyway, I'm currently working with 60 screens for a videowall and have to workaround the customer being cheap as **bleep**.

0 Likes