cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

black_zion
Esteemed Contributor III

Re: vegan

Uh, what? Meat was widely consumed vegan by all cultures, better brush up on your history.

0 Kudos
hardcoregames_
Big Boss
Big Boss

read daniel 1 in the bible, vegan is not a recent movement

0 Kudos
black_zion
Esteemed Contributor III

Then you won't mind if I stop following this thread. I have a problem with vegans who have a "holier than thou" attitude.

dicehunter
Adept II
Adept II

Don't have anything against vegans but from my personal experience any conversation started by a vegan on this exact topic here usually ends up with the vegan getting offensive.

Oh and your comment about it appearing in the bible, That book and religion is only 2000 years old, Man kind evolved over a lonnnnnnnggg time, We're talking origins of millions of years ago, We ate whatever we could to survive.

esmea
Adept III
Adept III

I'm honestly disappointed that my attempt to strike up an intelligent discussion was unfruitful.

backFireX64
Forerunner
Forerunner

Don't be.

A Vegan is by definition an absolute choice. An absolute way of life.

So is a Meat-Eater person though.

I personally prefer to try and keep a balance within all aspects of my short bright life, if you ask me, but all choices are respectful i guess, as long as we keep an open mind and do not trespass other people's beliefs and perspectives in a harmful kind of way.

Every stance or attitude towards different and various ways of living can either be useful and healthy to oneself, or not. Some personal behaviors can even be collectively fruitful to communities and societies. I endorse the latter, despite myself being a "selfish" person a great deal of times.

At the end of the day, adding a bit of vegetables to my meat, or vice versa, is probably a beneficial compromise, but starting to think the whole process of how that kind of food ends to my table, or what quality of food am i consuming... , now that is a more honest approach on how we all deal, put up and perceive how the food industry works along the globe.

Taking advantage of the environment, but only as much as to also benefit future generations and keep a "green" earth is the way to go, in my opinion.

Do not get me wrong... i like junk food... i am a sinner...

kingfish
Esteemed Contributor III

backFireX64
Forerunner
Forerunner

Poor vegan ... i feel you man.

It's like being invited to a barbeque party... only without really getting the spirit of it, you know ?        (he he )

kingfish ,

You are not helping man..., but i never say no to a barbeque, so cheers !

hardcoregames_
Big Boss
Big Boss

the day is coming soon when governments around the planet will be forced to encourage vegetarianism as food shortages become worse and worse

0 Kudos
dicehunter
Adept II
Adept II

To get the required nutrients your body needs from plants alone i.e protein, carbs and fats you have to eat quite a lot, I know as my brother is a vegan bodybuilder, Obviously an extreme case but for a fitness lifestyle in general your body needs a lot of nutrition and then lets not forget the micro nutrients our bodies need like vitamin B12 and the like which you can't get from raw plants and is an essential vitamin for our bodies so that will have to be synthetically made and will more than likely be of inferior quality or you can get it from fortified foods but again that requires a manufacturing process.

There are a HUGE amount of variables and in the end I highly doubt we'll be much better off.

0 Kudos