cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

dan_e_boy
Adept II

Update feature in Radeon software question.

Hello all, recently I noticed in my Radeon settings that there was a new update available.  I do not have a need to update since everything is working as it should on my system.  I did ponder about doing the update though.  Then I remembered all of the problems and the long process I had to go through last time I updated, all because I didn't follow the famous clean uninstall/ reinstall procedures posted on the AMD support website.  It seems like every time there is a new update, it is recommended to follow the clean uninstall/ reinstall procedure to be successful.  I wonder, and I'm sorry if this has been asked before, why even provide the update option in the Radeon software settings?  And as a follow up to that question, couldn't they program a clean uninstall process in that update option so that you don't have to manually do it?

I guess I am wondering because most other software that I have on my computer will auto update with no issues.  Other software will show a notification about an available update and I just click the update button and it all gets done automatically.  Why doesn't the Radeon update feature work like that?

11 Replies