cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

Threadripper 2970wx Team T-Create Classic ram compatibility

I want to upgrade the RAM on my threadripper workstation, my local retailer has the Team T-Create Classic kit on special and was wondering if it would be a good pair for the system or is even compatible? It's the 2x32 kit so it would give my system a big boost it sorely needs as my current ram is very lackluster... 2x8 Corsair Vengeance 2666. I've been trying to research on my own and no luck.

If it's not compatible I'll just go the safer options a better Corsair or gskill kit.

https://www.pccasegear.com/products/51935/team-t-create-classic-64gb-2x32gb-3200mhz-cl22-ddr4

0 Likes
4 Replies

Check your motherboard's QVL RAM MEMORY List and see if it is listed. If it is an Out-Dated QVL list then go to the RAM Manufacturer and see if it is compatible with your motherboard and processor.

What is the Make & Model of your Motherboard ?

Found TEAM T-CLASSIC DDR4 Desktop Motherboard Compatibility Chart that shows which Motherboards this specific RAM MEMORY is compatible with: https://www.teamgroupinc.com/en/catalog/act.php?act=1&index_id=321

Screenshot 2021-01-06 104536.png

Screenshot 2021-01-06 104108.png

Above is a partial list of the Motherboards. I just included the TRX40 and X570 Motherboards. There are a lot more at the link.

Seems like only MSI  X570 Motherboards are compatible with that specific RAM.

0 Likes

Looks like in that case I'd be better off just getting a better gskill or Corsair kit... The T-Creat lacks both dual and quad channel support for the 2nd Gen TR line

0 Likes

Many Users in the past have mentioned G-Skill RAM Memory for using with Ryzen Processors.

I myself decided to purchase G-Skill Trident-Z NEO RGB 3600 Mhz RAM kit (2x16) and it is working well with my new Ryzen PC that I built recently.

Also G-Skill Trident-Z is advertised as being compatible with Ryzen Processors.

Before, when I had a AM3+ Motherboard, I had bought a Corsair kit of 4x4 Sticks that worked for many years without any problems until one stick went bad. I just ordered the same exact part number except for Single RAM and not a kit. I am now using that same Corsair on my wife's Pre-built PC without issue.

The point I am trying to make is both G-Skill and Corsair manufacture good RAM. Course you might get a lemon but the life time warranty would take care of that.

Also be sure to check your Motherboard's QVL List or RAM Manufacturer to be sure it is compatible with both the Motherboard and Processor.

Here is AMD Official RAM MEMORY Compatibility Chart for Ryzen Processors in case you are interested: https://www.amd.com/en/products/ryzen-compatible-memory/ready-for-3rd-gen-amd-ryzen

The QVL list especially is helpful because it shows how many DIMM Memory slots a specific RAM is compatible to populate and whether you can Overclock the RAM on the Motherboard.

0 Likes

I know G.Skill good for AMD not denying it, the Team Groups ram kitwould have been if compatible really good price/performance if it was compatible 4 x 32gb but I checked the QVL list for it and X399 platform does not have dual or quad channel support for my mobo so I wouldn't be getting much out of it vs a 4 stick Trident Z kit.

mobo: X399 Prime-A