cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

tread
Adept I
Adept I

Suggestion: it would be nice to be able to rename radeon settings for a specific application

Hi,

i searched a bit, and didn't find a douplicate of this suggestion.

think it would be nice to rename the settings for a specific game.

as example, right now, i got ``zork 1'' and ``tex murphy - under a killing moon installed.

both run with dosbox, i got them from gog, just so you know, what i am talking about.

there are several entrences in the ``game'' section, concerning dosbox. not all useful, so i will delete them.

right now i'm trying to install a driver for the et_4000, and have seperately dosbox 0.74 installed.

when i manually create a settings section for dosbox 0.74, it is called wolfenstein.

the entry for my gog zork installtion is for the com file, so i don't know, it it will grip, since that runs in dosbox.exe.

so i eventually i will have three entries for dosbox and i don't want them all to have the same name.

Another topic,

don't know, but do the radeon crimson relive drivers at least since version 17.6.2 support dual graphics again?

0 Kudos
8 Replies
rebelyell
Exemplar
Exemplar

Re: Suggestion: it would be nice to be able to rename radeon settings for a specific application

i pick up what your putting down..i used to play Zork 1,2 and 3 back in 1984 on a commodor 64 . loved that game.. so lets bump this up see if we can get this to the right support .

0 Kudos
tread
Adept I
Adept I

Re: Suggestion: it would be nice to be able to rename radeon settings for a specific application

Sounds great

I noticed a few posts about the game.exe specific settings. none about rename, but the automatic scanning to be turned off,

which is o.k. now, i suppose, one wrote, when updating the drivers, the profiles don't reappear and something like 15 entries

in the radeon settings game section, when dosbox is installed. naming those profiles should help them, too, i thought.

i play zork1 with a walkthrough now, my first text adventure, i'm a bit confused, about the directions, and the commands you

can enter, no text adventure seems to have a complete list of accepted commands. (the tip with draw a map while playing was good)

this is advertisement, but,.... if memories come up, look for "good old games" in the search machine.

works even without quotes. you would know about the dosbox way.

0 Kudos
rebelyell
Exemplar
Exemplar

the key is in the attic if i remember correctly zork 1 to the hiiden door too the underworld . i got as far as the dam in the underworld. but i printed my way with the old dot matrix printer  every step i took. lol.

blue max is cool game !

0 Kudos
rebelyell
Exemplar
Exemplar

if memory serves me well.  i think its called  ( cyclone ) was a real cool game also

0 Kudos
tread
Adept I
Adept I

There is a trap door under the rug in the living room, with the show case.

Haven't found a key yet.

You should enter abandonware in your browser.

And if you think, that is is right, to download games from the internet, which are not sold anymore,

which are from 1992, or 1990 as the classic, and you even owned some of those games, while

today no one wants to play with a monitor under 140MHz anymore, than look for ``Section 1201'' and

``exemptions'' under ``site:copyright.gov'' in your search machine.

If you look around, you'll find more links, which, unlike the above, might be uninteressting.

(This starts to get stupid, but blue max, or cyclone, reminded me of MegaMan, on the NES)

0 Kudos
rebelyell
Exemplar
Exemplar

ill just say this back in 1984 ibm was everything . and i had every arcade game ect ever made back then. like 500 games rough estimate. but mine were all hackncracked. gotta love relatives in the gov. wish i still had that system. they are worth alot now. plus all those games pfffs. thousands of bucks .

0 Kudos
tread
Adept I
Adept I

The good old dikette, just put some sollotape on the edge, and there where no borders

Later even with 1.44Mb.

You can buy a IBM AT for 350€ at ebay. I would go for a Intel 80486 (HP, Nixdorf, Simens).

I have to try FreeDOS, boot from a USB stick, but I'm not so sure about compliance with games.

Maybe try PC/MS DOS (6.22 ).

As a normal person, you can now say, it would have been impossible to buy all those games.

At that time, you weren't aware of it. Today they are.

0 Kudos
rebelyell
Exemplar
Exemplar

yea last i looked commodors are going for 1200-2000$ and yes i screwed up those games worth some good cash. centipede galagia all that stuff..

0 Kudos