cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

SandBox
Adept I

SHOP WEIRD BEAHVIOR

Like every week since a lot now I use to take a  seat and watch the queue for amd shop waiting my turn; today I was finally able to pass the queue and look at the shop(or  better "what was left in the shop"....): every possible gpu but the 6700xt (for 496-498 eur) was sold out already(therewere all the ryzen cpu up ofc..). I proceeded with the purchase of the 6700xt(and I was kinda happy since that's exactly what I was looking for). I payed with paypal, everything was fine but I couldn't find the final box to click for the checkout; I clicked on the shopping cart since it was the only possible thing I could click, the window refreshed, I logged in once again with paypal and this time I had an orange box with the final step for the order, I clicked, the page refreshed and brought me back to the queue, 4-5 mins later the queue was paused and I got the message "everu gpu is sold out".... no transaction on paypal, no email, nothing.... is this some sort of bug or? what's the meaning of this: I have to wait every week for a queue that makes me lose more than 1h, finally it's  my turn and I couldn't even buy what the shop was offering cause the page glitched or the queue grants access to more than a person or....I mean... seriously? Please tell me it's normal and they're taking time to check if I bought already from them in order to send me the product if they decide it's finally my turn...

0 Likes
4 Replies
SandBox
Adept I

edit: the item is in my shopping cart but cannot proceed any further, does it mean I can buy it next thursday or...?

0 Likes

It means you are out of luck. 

This is unfair when we've been waiting since the release date of 6000 series tell now trying to buy a gpu for our system while one for the first time he gets in line and gets a gpu.

If this is fair then I'm out of here. R.N.P.

0 Likes

tbh it wouldn't bother me too much if I had too wait 2 or 3 extra weeks once I joined the queue cause I get that in a scenario like the one we're currently living  every1 should be able to have the chance to get a gpu, and in a FIFO queue this is not possible if the queue is too long; that said I'm currently playing with a 1080ti, last time I bought a gpu from amd was the 290x reference, then I got the sapphire trix. 

The 480-580 and so on were pretty good gpu IF U'RE NOT PLAYING AT 1440P, and when finally 5700xt came out 1080ti was already old lol;I'm not exactly an amd fanboy, I just get what I think is worth  for me in general.... 

Since I was never and still am not looking for raytracing in particular the 6000 series is pretty valuable to me so ofc  I decided I coulg go red this time and put myself into the queue. Initially I thought I wanted to get a 6800 xt -I play mainly black desert online when I can and it's quite gpu intensive- but two weeks ago it came out that the devs were about to implement AMD fidelty fx so I got into the mood "maybe a 6700xt can still serves me well, being realistic a  6800xt is so much  more difficult to get compared to a 6700 xt...). Fun fact: I decide to get a 6700xt if I can find one, after months my queue is only 10 mins, the store has only 6700xt avaiable but I cannot purchase  it anyway, I mean.... how am  I supposed to stay calm? and all cause a server bugged/ some **bleep** happened on a site with no support at all? they can see I was in and I ordered a 6700 xt, they can see I managed to put a 6700xt into my shopping cart but ofc no1 is there to find a solution for me, for a problem that wasn't caused by me.....

0 Likes
BNITRO
Adept III

I wouldn't bother, I already sold all my AMD cards,

they aren't developing software for it anymore so bye bye 6700xt 6800 6900xt my brother and I got 1080Ti's and started to lap and chamfer those also restore all the memory channels to get full titan, and um RTX enabled 1080p 100fps to 120FPs WHAT IS RT COREs they both lying. at least NVIDIA said hey how did you re paste that big chip let alone overclock a EVGA 1080TI RC2 to 2.1ghz and 30Gb of prototype ddr6 so ha. best $150 i spend.

1440P 100 to 150FPs.

4k 80 to 100fps.

0 Likes