cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

ThatPieface
Journeyman III

Shipping Issues

Not sure where else I can ask to try and get some support on the shipping issue I've been experiencing.

I ordered a 7900 xtx on the restock on 12/19, and it was delayed through the whole week due to weather and the holiday.

FedEx made their first delivery attempt on 12/26, and I was still on my way back from out of town.

FedEx then attempted to deliver the package again on the 27th, and now today the 28th, except they did not attempt to deliver the package.
I was working from home both days so I could sign for the package when FedEx attempted the delivery, and I watched their driver drive past both days and say they attempted delivery.

FedEx won't allow me to pickup the package due to security restrictions, and their scheduling system is also broken on their end, and I cannot schedule for a time frame.

Now since today was apparently the third and final attempt, the GPU is being returned to the warehouse and refunded.
I have spoke with someone from AMD support already and was told that I was out of luck, and there was nothing that could be done. They won't allow me to pick up the package from the distribution center that's 10 minutes away, and they will not attempt to reship the package once it arrives at their warehouse. Just an automatic canceling of the order and refund because of something completely out of my control. it's incredibly frustrating not only because of the availability of the 7900 xtx, but also because it feels likes I've received no actual support, just dismissed and told "oh well."

0 Likes
4 Replies

The problem is with FedEx and not AMD.

AMD can only go by FedEx word that they tried to deliver the package 3 times without success and thus was forced to return the package back to AMD due to no one being home to sign for it.

If the Package had the wrong address or it got lost during delivery than AMD can open a FedEx Ticket to trace the package to see what happened to it. But if the package was officially returned back to AMD warehouse then AMD can't do anything about it as far as I am aware since the package wasn't lost or had the wrong address and was legally returned to AMD again.

As soon as AMD gets the GPU back you will be refunded.

I would open a complaint with FedEX Office that you were home on the days it was supposed to be delivered and that you saw FedEX trucks go by your house during that time period without stopping.

Didn't FedEx leave some sort of notice or warning that they have tried to deliver your package during those 3 times?

If you only received one notice or warning you can use that at least to show FedEX that you only received one Notice or Warning no other ones.

ThatPieface
Journeyman III

I know the root of the problem lies with FedEx, and ultimately they are to blame for the missed deliveries.

Typically at my building they will leave a paper notice at our front door when they miss a delivery that requires a signature. There were no such notices, the only notices provided were in their tracking, and both times I watched them drive by without stopping, the package would say delay and attempted delivery less than a minute later.

I've complained to FedEx quite a lot in the last two days, and each time they say, "We've logged the complaint, try again tomorrow or take it up with the vendor." Which is incredibly annoying because nothing is actually getting done by them just logging the complaint. I can't push the issue any further with FedEx as they stonewall me practically every time I contact them with the same line and excuse.

Which leads to me finally deciding to contact AMD to see if there is any way they can lift the restrictions they have placed on the shipment so I can at least attempt to manually pick it up. I was told he would escalate and check, and the next thing I hear is that they are going to issue a refund as the three delivery attempts have been completed. I hope my frustration with that is understood because I was under the impression that maybe I can at least have FedEx try again on Saturday when I won't be at work and would be available to sign.

It only adds to the frustration that the three delivery attempts were immediately after a holiday in the middle of the work days, so even if I wanted to wait for the weekend, I have to make sure FedEx starts their first attempt on Thursday?

My thinking was that all AMD would need to do was give an exemption/have FedEx attempt the deliveries again, at least so I can try to get it Saturday. Or at least an exception and allow me to manually pick-up the package. But I guess those options are completely impossible, and I am left feeling like I've not been helped at all with my issues.

I don't know why FedEX is saying to talk to the Vendor (AMD)  when the Vendor doesn't have a reason to open a FedEx ticket. Maybe they believed AMD would have send out the package again once it reaches the AMD Warehouse instead of getting a refund.

Anyways here is AMD STORE FAQ about Shipping and Refunds: https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/amdonlinestorefaq

Screenshot 2022-12-20 171626.png

AMD Store doesn't have a direct line for Customer Service just the above FAQ.

Since, according to FedEx, they attempted to deliver your package 3 times and was unable to that would be like rejecting the package by the Customer according to FAQ.

So once it was returned back to AMD they would issue a Refund and cancel the order.

I don't know who you were talking to at AMD but I guess since they didn't have any more GPUs of your specific Model that you purchased to send back to you, they decided to instead give you a full Refund. Just my opinion.

If FedEX driver(s) would have done their jobs correctly and leave Notices saying if they can't deliver the package go to FedEX office and pickup it between so and so times then you would have had your package by now.

At least that is the way with the USPS and UPS works if they tried to deliver a package and no one was around to sign for it they would leave a notice saying that after so many days the package would be returned to the source. That the package would be available for pickup at so and so times at a specific USPS or UPS office.

0 Likes

Here is FedEX (USA) Delivery policy: https://www.fedex.com/en-us/delivery-options/signature-services.html

Delivery attempts

If a shipment requires, either an indirect, direct or adult signature, and a delivery attempt is made, but no one is there to sign for the package, the driver will leave a door tag at the recipient’s door. If no signature is required, the shipment will be left at the recipient's door. 

If a signature is required, the driver will typically try to deliver the package up to three times. If a label has been applied to the back of the tag, the driver was unable to leave the package due to signature requirements or felt the package was not safe to deliver. In those situations, FedEx may no longer automatically reattempt delivery and the package will be taken to a nearby FedEx location to be held for you to pick up. 

The label on the door tag includes the pickup location address, business hours and time the package will be available. The door tag and a government-issued photo ID are needed for pickup. If you want FedEx to reattempt a delivery, call 1.800.463.3339.

To avoid missed deliveries, sign up for FedEx Delivery Manager to request to hold your package at a FedEx location for you to pick up. If you already missed a delivery and received a door tag, make sure to follow the instructions on the door tag to ensure your delivery is made on the next attempt. If your shipment requires an indirect signature, then you can sign electronically through the FedEx Delivery Manager app or on fedex.com, but you cannot sign electronically for packages requiring an adult or direct signature. You must sign in person for adult or direct signature requirements. 

0 Likes