cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

Itadori
Journeyman III

screen goes blank when installing drivers on rx 550

Please help, the video card is AMD RADEON RX 550 4GB DDR5, the screen supports a resolution of 800 x 600 and below, I can’t change it, when I try to download the driver for the display, the image disappears but there are notification sounds. When I reboot the monitor after the bios, it says no signal and a black screen. The only way to use a PC is to either restore it to a time when no drivers were downloaded and the resolution was 800 x 600, or reinstall Windows and turn off Windows auto-updates. On the monitor when I try to reset the resolution, it says "Optimal resolution is 1366 x 766, now the resolution is 800 x 600, set the optimal resolution.

0 Likes
3 Replies
amduser_Jb
Adept II

This issue on rx 550 4gb ddr5 has been going for quite a while now and I have the same issue on the black screen no signal types, so far I tried the solution wherein some say 22.3.1 version of adrenaline will do the thing but no do for me. Hope this will be fix soon.

0 Likes
Attaway1
Journeyman III

If your screen goes blank or black while installing drivers for your RX 550 graphics card, it could be due to various reasons. Here are some steps you can take to troubleshoot and resolve the issue:

1. Check Connection and Power:
- Make sure that the graphics card is correctly seated in its slot on the motherboard.
- Ensure that the power connectors to the graphics card are properly connected and providing enough power.

2. Update BIOS and Motherboard Drivers:
- Check if there is a BIOS update available for your motherboard. Updating the BIOS can sometimes resolve compatibility issues with newer hardware.
- Install the latest chipset and motherboard drivers from the manufacturer's website.

3. Uninstall Existing Drivers:
- If you previously installed drivers for a different graphics card, it's essential to remove them before installing drivers for the RX 550. Use Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) to completely remove old drivers and then restart your computer.

4. Install Drivers in Safe Mode:
- Boot your computer into Safe Mode and try installing the RX 550 drivers from there. Safe Mode loads minimal drivers and can help avoid conflicts.

5. Use Different Driver Versions:
- Try installing different versions of the RX 550 drivers. Sometimes, certain driver versions may be more stable than others.

6. Check Monitor Connections:
- Ensure that your monitor is connected to the correct output on the RX 550 graphics card. If you have multiple ports (e.g., HDMI, DisplayPort, DVI), try using a different one.

7. Test on Another System:
- If possible, test the RX 550 graphics card on another system to see if the issue persists. This will help identify if the problem is specific to your system or the graphics card itself.

8. Check for Hardware Issues:
- It's possible that the graphics card itself is faulty. Test the RX 550 in another system or try a different graphics card in your current system to narrow down hardware-related issues.

9. Contact Support:
- If the issue persists and you have tried all the above steps, consider reaching out to the manufacturer's support for further assistance or possible warranty service.

Always remember to be cautious while troubleshooting hardware issues, and if you're not comfortable doing it yourself, seek help from a qualified technician.

0 Likes
amduser_Jb
Adept II

Yo! Any news?

0 Likes