cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

SomeoneStoleMyToast
Journeyman III

Samsung Magician show all my drive AHCI Mode deactivated. How to fix?

Samsung Magician show all my drive AHCI Mode deactivated. How to fix? Here is a picture of my main ssd with Windows 10 installed. I have asus rog strix X470F motherboard with my 4 drives connected SATA port 1, 2,3, and 4 on the motherboard. Reinstall Samsung Magician doesn't fix it. In the BIOS, AHCI is enabled. I have Samsung SSD 850 EVO and 840 EVO.

SamsungMagician_e2wZJDGiRa.png

PXL_20210406_051228870.jpg

0 Likes
7 Replies

If Device Manager is showing SATA AHCI  then AHCI is enabled and working in your computer:

Screenshot 2021-03-24 172051.png

which probably indicates that Samsung Magician is not reporting correctly the status of your HDD/SDD - SATA AHCI. But Samsung Magician is also showing that your SSD is working normally and checks good. 

Here I am using a free software called SPECCY showing all the Data for each of my HDDs connected to my computer:

Screenshot 2021-03-24 172051.png

If SATA AHCI was actually disabled your SSD wouldn't work or be recognized by Windows.

NOTE: I would open a Samsung Support ticket and see if that is a bug in their software.

0 Likes

my Device manager > IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers > 3 Standards SATA AHCI Controller

Crystaldiskinfo show all my driver 

Interface: Serial SATA

Transfer Mode: SATA/600|SATA/600

DiskInfo64K_4RskVP09oW.png

DiskInfo64K_QxCyx92tLB.png

So i am good and this is just Samsung Magician bug? 

0 Likes

seems like it or something is in conflict with Samsung Magician. 

I would just ask Samsung Support. They might be aware of this already.

0 Likes

Does Samsung Magician show your drive ahci mode activate or deactivate? It can work with non samsung drive as i tested on my potato intel laptop with non samsung drive.

0 Likes

Some other User with a Samsung SSD and using Samsung Magician can answer your question. 

My Device Manager is for a Non-SSD drives but just to show you if Windows has SATA AHCI enabled or not.

0 Likes

0 Likes

manou_0-1617720360482.png

Deactivated also for me

0 Likes