cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

hardcoregames_
Big Boss

Re: Ryzen Instability MCE bea0000000000108? What do do next?

try adding some more wait states to your RAM and see if that stabilizes the box

0 Likes
excieve
Adept I

Just got my RMA replacement, which doesn't suffer from segfaults but now it's got a sudden reboot with this MCE in the log. Segfaulting CPU never had this particular issue. What a quirky platform...

0 Likes
hardcoregames_
Big Boss

excieve wrote:

Just got my RMA replacement, which doesn't suffer from segfaults but now it's got a sudden reboot with this MCE in the log. Segfaulting CPU never had this particular issue. What a quirky platform...

It may be a while before the BIOS etc firm up a bit. Early adopters need to be aware of a few issues to be fixed.

0 Likes
bsp2020
Elite

excieve wrote:

My RMA'd CPU also is suffering from MCE problem. I'm hoping that new BIOS (rumored 1.0.0.7) would address the issue. In the meantime, I disabled p-state (c-state?) and that seems to fix the problem for now. Has not run into the issue since I changed the setting about 10 days ago.

0 Likes
hardcoregames_
Big Boss

Some of the BIOS default settings seem to be unsuitable, I have looked at them closely and some are definitely in need of some changes.

0 Likes
hifigraz
Elite

Disabling c/p-states is not the correction of an unsuitable setting. It's simply a quirky workaround wich destroys performance powerconsumtion

0 Likes
hardcoregames_
Big Boss

you should not have to disable the c or p states for you box

check memory and try ddr4-2133 timing and see if that is more stable

0 Likes
hifigraz
Elite

You probably were not following this thread.

I've tried two MemorySets

two GPUs

two Mainboards

three CPUs

two PSUs

memoryspeeds as slow as 1866

The only thing that helps with this crapy platform is disabling C or P State handling!

I have a 4th CPU here now from AMD but I'm not willing to do more free testing for them until they can assure it is not wasted time, again!

hardcoregames_
Big Boss

Have you tried checking the more advanced BIOS settings?

Could be the BIOS is still too buggy to be stable, I recall my i3-2100 box took a couple of years to stabilize

0 Likes
hifigraz
Elite

I've tried two mainboards of two different Vendors with different bios providers.

If something smells like a fish, looks like a fish and swims like a fish it's probably a fish!

0 Likes