cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

whiskey-foxtrot
Forerunner
Forerunner

Re: Temps Ryzen or am I optimiZEN...lets find out...

Jump to solution

Oh, I forgot you're on Win 7. Version is most likely different then.

0 Kudos
rebelyell
Exemplar
Exemplar

Jump to solution

that is possible

0 Kudos
black_zion
Esteemed Contributor III

Jump to solution

ASUS can't read a temperature to save their lives.

rebelyell
Exemplar
Exemplar

Jump to solution

black_zion  you are correct..! i tried to update like foxtrot and his works right. we have same board. i am up to date and its just not reading correctly.. so the question still is, is the cpu and sensores getting the correct info as was told yes they are by amd. but the display in the bios is just reading incorrectly and sending wrong info to software reading programs due to bios microcode incorrect.

0 Kudos
whiskey-foxtrot
Forerunner
Forerunner

Jump to solution

I'm on 1401 though. The only thing I did in the BIOS is PState OC to 40, set my mem timings, and cursed profusely at Asus for not allowing me to turn off the freaking onboard RGB junk. The cursing does not work btw, but temps and sensors via AI Suite work identical with Ryzen Master with that 2 or 3 second delay.

rebelyell
Exemplar
Exemplar

Jump to solution

i really dont want to get the multimeter out or fluke to use the probelt on the board to find out.. major pain..lol

0 Kudos
black_zion
Esteemed Contributor III

Jump to solution

Wouldn't be so bad but it screws up my fan speeds, usually end up having to restart to clear the bug.

0 Kudos
rebelyell
Exemplar
Exemplar

Jump to solution

i may just try that 1401 pre realease eeeeh. i just been skeeert since that 9945 almost locked my cpu. hmmm. either way i have 10 fans all running max until official is release i suppose. you say 10 fans wtf right. welll 4 are in push pull config on h110i cooler, 2 in front , 1 in bottom, one in middle to blow between Gpu's and keep air moving from the front, 1 in rear exhaust, and 1 on back side blowing on cpu base plate behind mobo lol...i wont count the psu fan or the 6 Gpu fans  .. its actually not loud either suprisingly unless i crank gpu fans up too 3500 rpm .  5 of my fans are very high pressure 92 and 112 cfm aluminum fin fans. you could probably use them for a food processor if i take off the grates or loose a finger. but the 2 corsair cooler fans are kinda loud and need the sensors to run them correctly. and i dont want to buy 2 more aluminum ones at 35$ each ouch.. its kinda of funny but i could add 3 more fans which is pointless but possible in this Giant (in win) case ...

the bad part is since i loaded 9945 beta and reflashed back too 1201 corsair link dont load everything i have to restart it if want gpu temps and all fans to read. i think ASUS is draging a dead dog here in that bios release.. and if they are something isnt going to good since asus is usually first at things of this nature especially bios fixes for something this important.  i mean they have had the microcode for 2 months so doesnt sound good.

0 Kudos
rebelyell
Exemplar
Exemplar

Re: Ryzen 1800X Temperature Offset Query

Jump to solution

AGESA 1.0.0.6a  rev 3 1403  for ASUS fixes Temps and fans speeds work correctly. of course corsair water cooler needs set on temp #1 , package temp is still wrong. 9945 beta works just unstable 1401 works very well but 1403 has added features for ram timings and settings also in ryzen umc and couple others.

those that are not using asus crosshair 6 hero keep an eye in forums for your mobo's .. if not on mobo site.!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
rebelyell
Exemplar
Exemplar

Re: Ryzen 1800X Temperature Offset Query

Jump to solution

1403 will let you do a bclk overclock and keep c-power states aswelll now..

0 Kudos