Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

rebelyell
Exemplar
Exemplar

Ryzen 1800X Temperature Offset Query

Jump to solution

So, as it is with temps these days. i am not sure if i want to take the big plunge. So here's my question. with AMD master working so well with temps as well as hwinfo my poor mobo dont know if its hot or not, Nor does my corsair water cooler.

My plan is too just simply offset the mobo temp  -20c to make things correct.! which is a feature in some mobo's. 2nd question how well do i trust software over mobo's  +20 .?

should i just offset the mobo -20 and call it fixed or not? hmmm.. 

Rog crosshair vi hero x370

1800x

ram is rammin

water is pumpin.

Is it wise to just do it or wait? thanks

Message was edited by: Matt B

We have updated the title of this discussion with relevant details to better describe your issue.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rebelyell
Exemplar
Exemplar

Re: Ryzen 1800X Temperature Offset Query

Jump to solution

AGESA 1.0.0.6a  rev 3 1403  for ASUS fixes Temps and fans speeds work correctly. of course corsair water cooler needs set on temp #1 , package temp is still wrong. 9945 beta works just unstable 1401 works very well but 1403 has added features for ram timings and settings also in ryzen umc and couple others.

those that are not using asus crosshair 6 hero keep an eye in forums for your mobo's .. if not on mobo site.!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
20 Replies
whiskey-foxtrot
Forerunner
Forerunner

Re: Temps Ryzen or am I optimiZEN...lets find out...

Jump to solution

I would wait to see what your fan controller app (if Corsair uses one or if you're using something else) does with their adjustments. I use Asus garbage "Fan XPert" app which is actually spot on right now. Not sure if it's using an offset (Tctl + 20) or data from Tdie - either way, Fan Xpert is helping to spin up the pumps in the system.

C6H-TEMPS.png

rebelyell
Exemplar
Exemplar

Jump to solution

corsair dont give a flying rats ... so that wont happen..

0 Kudos
rebelyell
Exemplar
Exemplar

Jump to solution

are you using the AIO water_pump Q-fan in bios ?  well either way i corsair i just have set to 100% on pump as always. but the fans are messed up because mobo is not correct. unless that 1401 helped fan expert.

0 Kudos
whiskey-foxtrot
Forerunner
Forerunner

Jump to solution

I have my pumps to both PWM water pump headers (also using PWM splitters with the pump as the lead). I didn't want to run at 100% non-stop, plus I don't like to hear my fans. Haven't had issues with that part since I got the boards though (starting at BIOS 0901).

Forgot to say, since 9945 (and now in 1401), the temp in the BIOS seemed to match the OS side too. I tried to get temps up on the OS side, rebooted and got in the BIOS. It was within 10 degrees before the reboot. I run a separate 360rad with 6 fans (push/pull) so it generally cools down extremely fast once the fans start running.

rebelyell
Exemplar
Exemplar

Jump to solution

yea my board came with 1002 or 1102 forget but. as ive heard the sensors send the fans correct temps but board reads +20 in bios. which is odd

0 Kudos
rebelyell
Exemplar
Exemplar

Jump to solution

my fan expert reads 50c and ryzen master and hwinfo read 30c

0 Kudos
whiskey-foxtrot
Forerunner
Forerunner

Jump to solution

Which version of AI Suite are you running? DIP 5 is v1.04.15 (actually there is an update again) - I guess the internal "EZ Update" app is junk as well. You have to manually monitor and download updates.

This update seems to have a bit of a lag compared to Ryzen Master - it updates 2 or 3 seconds after RM updates the temp, but at least it's consistent and pretty much spot on.

AISUITE-TEMPS.png

rebelyell
Exemplar
Exemplar

Jump to solution

1.01.72  .. thats what shows in programs and features. but its dip 5 yes...

0 Kudos
rebelyell
Exemplar
Exemplar

Jump to solution

hmm , well i usually just look on the site.. guess ill use ez update

0 Kudos