cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

marufura
Adept I

RMA NIGHTMARE

I had random reboots with a Ryzen 9 5950 and after weeks of trying to find out what the problem is I finally realized that it's probably one of seemingly many broken AMD CPUs (just search for "Ryzen random reboot" to see HOW big of a problem this seems to be and how many people had to go through RMA).
I need my computer for work and can't afford just to buy a replacement. So I was in a hurry.
First AMD forgot to attach the DHL label. So I had to pay for shipping myself.
When tracking showed that it arrived I didn't receive any message from AMD. After a few days I contacted them and asked about the CPU. They told me that it had arrived and that it was being checked.
Then one week ago - after me asking again because they just don't care - they told me that the CPU would be replaced and shipped later that day. And that I should contact them again in two days for tracking information.
So I wrote again on Tuesday and asked for the tracking number. I got a reply that told me not to be a pain in the ass and to contact them "after two days".
So I asked when to start counting because in my books Tuesday IS two working days after Friday.
And if all this so far wasn't horror enough they now replied that they can't see any package with the DHL tracking number and that I never sent my CPU. So I provided my tracking information and since then.... SILENCE.
This is a flipping nightmare!!!!
I have been without a computer for about 3 weeks now. Still nothing. I am losing tons of time and money because of this. I can't afford just buying another processor. And actually this means buying a new motherboard as well because I will not give AMD my money again after they lost my over 1.000 euro CPU and then ignored me.
What a very very ugly nightmare!!!!!!

1 Solution

Mr. Ombudsman REALLY made a difference!

The replacement CPU was shipped at light speed. Actually shipping it from Amsterdam all the way to my home in Austria took less time than for AMD support to answer a simple email question. 

A little fun fact.... well, fun for you, another PITA for me.... when I first booted with the new CPU installed the screen stayed black and the ASUS mainboard showed Q-code 02. It took me half a day to find out that the reason was that I had two display ports connected (which was the case all the time with the old CPU). Turns out that I had to boot with only one display port cable connected, enter BIOS, there connect the second display port, save and reboot. After that I was able to boot with both display ports connected.

Thanks again to the people here who supported me!

View solution in original post

21 Replies