cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

Adept I
Adept I

Random Input + FPS Lag in Games with R7 1700 + R9 390

I've been having this issue ever since I got my R7. At random moments, beginning at around 10 minutes after I start a game, I will get insane FPS lag, and input lag. My FPS will drop down below 10, and if I attempt to move the mouse, it will move on my screen a second or two after. This will last for approximately 10-15 seconds, then completely go away for the rest of my gaming session. I've experienced it in Battlefield 1, OverWatch, and H1Z1 mainly, but it has occurred in a few other games as well.

My Specs:

Asus Prime B350-Plus

Ryzen R7 1700 @ 3.8GHz

16GB (8x2) Corsair Vengeance DDR4 RAM @ 2666MHz

Sapphire Nitro R9 390 (Stock Speeds) 8gb DDR5

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Challenger
Challenger

Re: Random Input + FPS Lag in Games with R7 1700 + R9 390

Hey where did you get that DDR5? I need some : ) I have the Asus Prime B350-Plus as well and have flashed the bios to the beta 0605 bios, so far so good. I noticed a few bluescreens but I bumped up the memory voltage from 1.2 to 1.3 and haven't seen any issues since raising the memory voltage.  The latency issues seem better. Try and re install the B350 chipset driver and then test the game again. I ran into an issue where I reinstalled the chipset drivers and the system was fi ne after that. I noticed that Windows does update those files as well, so maybe a Windows update would work too. So far running Windows version 1703 Build 15063.14 and it seems pretty stable.

cache_memory_benchmark_0605_bios.jpg

0 Kudos

Hey there, do you have a bunch of the Asus software installed? I've found that the tools I installed with my crosshair 6 caused some real issues with system stability and random hangs. Try removing any Asus overclocking tools and other utilities.

0 Kudos
Challenger
Challenger

Please report what your temperatures are when this is happening?  Also you don't have DDR5 RAM you have DDR4 for future reference.

0 Kudos
Adept I
Adept I

I don't have any of the ASUS software installed. I tried it at first, but found that it was pretty useless seeing that they post all updated drivers for the motherboard on the support page for the product.

0 Kudos
Adept I
Adept I

Just noticed the DDR5 thing... I think I mixed my memory from my GPU in with my normal RAM. I will update you with some temperatures once I test out a few games. I just updated to the beta bios 0605, so we'll see how it runs.