Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

Highlighted
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Ram compatible mobo gigabyte and MSI.

Jump to solution

Hi guys, I don't know what mobo to buy! MSI b350 tomahawk or Gigabyte ab350 gaming 3? The problem more serious is the ram! because the mobo's features are the same...more o less usb...but the compatible ram are my problem! I want to buy Corsair CMK16GX4M2B3200C16 3200mhz , but there isn't in the list of ram compatibly of gigabyte , as opposed to MSI. Now what mobo is best and what ram can I buy?

The CPU is Ryzen 5 1600x and cpu cooler noctua nh-u12s .

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor III

Re: Ram compatible mobo gigabyte and MSI.

Jump to solution

AMD released the AGESA 1.0.0.6 update to motherboard manufacturers last month with new BIOS releases expected towards the end of the month which will greatly expand DDR4 compatibility for all brands. As to which motherboard to get, I'd recommend ASUS or Gigabyte, and run as far away from MSI as you can.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor III

Jump to solution

AMD released the AGESA 1.0.0.6 update to motherboard manufacturers last month with new BIOS releases expected towards the end of the month which will greatly expand DDR4 compatibility for all brands. As to which motherboard to get, I'd recommend ASUS or Gigabyte, and run as far away from MSI as you can.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

MODERATOR NOTE:  I am glad to see you have resolved your issue. To help keep this post on topic and help other with a similar issue, I am locking this thread.

0 Kudos