cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor III

Radeon™ Software Vanguard Beta Testers

Anybody signed up for the beta tester program?

https://gaming.radeon.com/en-us/radeonsoftware/crimson-relive/vanguard/?sessionGUID=470a9921-6b68-bc...

Help drive Radeon™ Software to further quality improvements by test-driving beta software and telling us your thoughts and feedback.

0 Kudos
12 Replies
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor III

Re: Radeon™ Software Vanguard Beta Testers

I don't play any newly released games, I always wait for a year or more for them to A) get cheap and B) get fixed, so I wouldn't be of much use.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor III

A bit late to reply, but i was seriously thinking about it(i install every new driver to test, go back to previous(rarely) if ?).

But i think it comes down to noobs who have no idea(mostly) how to install drivers, or understand(mainly W10) OS limitations(free upgrade)/foibles/quirks/optimisation/myriad of settings options(what's good/bad).

There is no way any driver update can compensate for lack of knowledge on the the user end.

I said early in the year,2017 is year of the noobs(unknowledgable), but it may be also the Console converts(someone push this button for me ?).

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3200c16d kit, Aorus nvme gen4 1tb,
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor III

The way things are, thanks to miners, you're going to be able to get an entire Xbox Project Scorpio, which has the power of a RX 580, for less than the price of just an RX 580. That's going to eliminate a lot of console converts.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor III

I think the program is a great idea.

I would have liked to to participate but I am not certain what level of commitment is expected, and all my old cards are pre-Polaris. 

I downloaded and used/tested every Windows 8.1 64bit driver update for AMD Crimson / ReLive over past 1.5-2 years but no more updates for Windows 8.1 64bit.
If AMD still supported Windows 8.1 64 Bit Drivers then it would be pretty easy for me to help out, however it appears that support for Windows 8.1 has been dropped completely.

In addition I would assume that AMD would be most interested in people running RX500 or RX Vega cards on Windows 10 only? 
Is AMD really interested in Linux Users for the Vanguard Program? There is no AMD Crimson ReLive on Linux.
I only run Windows 10 to test/run DX12 titles now so really I would be testing my cards on an OS I do not really want to use at all.
Latest AMD Cards are R9 Nano (Fury X) which I purchased in sale/second hand Dec2016/Jan2017 as Vega was not releasing soon.
I cannot get hold of RX480/580 at reasonable cost and RX Vega is just released and obviously in high demand, and hard to get at the moment.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Miniboss
Miniboss

I would love to get into that beta testing.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor III

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Miniboss
Miniboss

Already signed...but i dont think im gonna make it.

Im so unlucky, lol.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forerunner
Forerunner

"Radeon™ Software Vanguard Beta Testers", you could have used the proper abbreviation of "Guinea Pigs" for your title

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor III

Lol.....Well, if you think about it....that's what we are all doing right now Might as well get paid a title "Beta tester".