cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

Question concerning those Users that installed the first issue of October 2018 before being yanked my Microsoft

There must have been millions who downloaded and installed the October 2018 Windows version before Microsoft removed it due to major bugs.

My question is, When the newly fixed Windows October 2018 is re-issued to the public, all those with the original version, will Microsoft update the original version to the same version that was fixed via Windows Update or will the User need to do another ingrade upgrade or Clean installation with the same version to get the fixed version on their computers?

0 Likes
1 Solution

FYI: Just tried to do a ingrade update with the version of Windows that was yanked on October due to having several issues with bluetooth mouse and Explorer.exe.

Windows says the current version (Same one I am trying to reinstall) is not supported and is the wrong version. So now it seems I have to wait until Microsoft puts the "Fixed" version for download to the public before I can do another ingrade update.

So my question was answered. Yes I have to reinstall the "Fixed" version to make Windows compatible to be upgraded and to fix the issues on my current Windows installation.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply

FYI: Just tried to do a ingrade update with the version of Windows that was yanked on October due to having several issues with bluetooth mouse and Explorer.exe.

Windows says the current version (Same one I am trying to reinstall) is not supported and is the wrong version. So now it seems I have to wait until Microsoft puts the "Fixed" version for download to the public before I can do another ingrade update.

So my question was answered. Yes I have to reinstall the "Fixed" version to make Windows compatible to be upgraded and to fix the issues on my current Windows installation.

0 Likes