cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor III

Re: Pleasing and informative new AMD Forum format - Opinion only

Seems like two of my Post in which I uploaded a few images got tagged to be reviewed by a Moderator. Both threads just disappeared without any notice or warning that it is being reviewed. 

Noticed this when one User at AMD Processor forum had the exact same problem with the exact same motherboard and processor. I was going to link the second User to the first User's Thread to show him what I mentioned about resolving his problem. When I went to locate the thread it had completely disappeared.

Now a second thread also disappeared without notice or warning that it is being review by a Moderator.

Also I noticed that you can't ATTACH any files to any threads anymore since that option has been removed. I frequently attached files to threads in the past since I needed to download them anyways and to help the User to read the attached file himself.

Did AMD remove the ATTACH option as a security precaution?

EDIT: Found this under "Help" in above task bar concerning Images uploaded in a thread which explains why my replies went to Moderation:

How do I upload images?

Depending on your starting point, you choose one or more images, choose the album where they'll be located, and upload. There are size limitations, of course, and a community moderator must approve your images before others can see them. You can upload images from:

• Your Albums and Images page
  • Any of your individual Album pages
  • Post Message, Answer, Comment, Article, and other Post pages

So I guess I have a choice, don't upload anymore images because it will automatically go into Moderation each time or have most of my replies delayed from minutes to days depending  on the day of the week.

Just got this error message while editing my previous reply:

Your post has been changed because invalid HTML was found in the message body. The invalid HTML has been removed. Please review the message and submit the message when you are satisfied.

What is an example of INVALID HTML in a message?

I feel sorry for the Moderators who have to now, besides all their other responsibilities, check every User that uploads an image or images.  They going to need a Costco sized bottle of Tylenol to consume from eye strain each day.

Highlighted
Adept III
Adept III

@elstaci wrote:

I feel sorry for the Moderators who have to now, besides all their other responsibilities, check every User that uploads an image or images.  They going to need a Costco sized bottle of Tylenol to consume from eye strain each day.

Well, it was already like that with links on Jive, so not as much has changed as I thought.

Also, trying to submit this, I got the invalid HTML error, so that problem isn't limited to you

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor III

Yes, generally at time replies with links were sent for Moderation but never for images as far as I am aware of. When JIVE was active, I don't recall any of my replies being moderated due to images that I posted.

Links could be dangerous since it could lead a User to get his computer infected when visiting a link or maybe post a link that can be considered illegal. So I can see the reason for moderating replies with links on them. They can be a huge security risk to the User or AMD Forum.

I guess some one could upload an image that may cause infection but generally it the content of the image that would send it to moderation.

But now with this new format anyone that uploads an image, the reply will automatically go into moderation to be reviewed by a Moderator. Which wasn't the way it was under JIVE.

By the Way, I never mentioned that error was limited to just me. I just said that i got that error and was asking what an "Invalid HTML" example was. That way I wouldn't do the same mistake in the future.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor III

I was able to add a link using the "insert/edit link' but as you said posting it directly in the post brings that HTML error...which offers you a chance to post it without the offending stuff.

If you look at the last post by me below..you can see what 'leaving the offending' stuff out looks like. Pretty grim.

https://community.amd.com/t5/general-discussions/arming-for-war-new-cortex-a78c-will-challenge-x86-i...

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor III

If I had a vote...I would want a forum for Ubuntu /etc questions

If I had a vote I would like to have a Laptop forum.

Both of these have special requirements that are not addressed with the responses to Desktop/PC issuues

Highlighted
Adept III
Adept III

@kingfish wrote:

If I had a vote...I would want a forum for Ubuntu /etc questions

https://askubuntu.com/

@kingfish wrote:

If I had a vote I would like to have a Laptop forum.

http://forum.notebookreview.com/

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor III

I mean in this forum...as we used to have.

Highlighted
Adept III
Adept III

@kingfish wrote:

I mean in this forum...as we used to have.

Oh

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor III

@elstaci wrote:

Yes, generally at time replies with links were sent for Moderation but never for images as far as I am aware of. When JIVE was active, I don't recall any of my replies being moderated due to images that I posted.

Links could be dangerous since it could lead a User to get his computer infected when visiting a link or maybe post a link that can be considered illegal. So I can see the reason for moderating replies with links on them. They can be a huge security risk to the User or AMD Forum.

I guess some one could upload an image that may cause infection but generally it the content of the image that would send it to moderation.

But now with this new format anyone that uploads an image, the reply will automatically go into moderation to be reviewed by a Moderator. Which wasn't the way it was under JIVE.

By the Way, I never mentioned that error was limited to just me. I just said that i got that error and was asking what an "Invalid HTML" example was. That way I wouldn't do the same mistake in the future.

@elstaci  how can you tell that a reply or post is going into moderation. I have not seen it pop up that any of my stuff is being moderated. How can I tell?

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor III

@pokester  As far as I am aware, you can't tell directly by a Pop-up warning.

The reply just disappears from the thread or the Thread disappears. That was how I knew my replies had gone to moderation. Than the then next day I see that my replies had reappeared again in the thread. No message saying my content was approved or not.

I wish, like the old AMD Forum, the User would be warned when a reply goes to moderation due to an image being uploaded or a link being posted.

Like I mentioned in my previous reply, when I was going to link another current User thread I just answered with a couple of images and links I couldn't find the thread. It just disappeared. I was perplexed but then I realized it most likely went to moderation.

Then I found under "HELP" that any time someone uploads an image it must first be approved by a Moderator before being posted in the thread.