cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor III

Re: Pleasing and informative new AMD Forum format - Opinion only

If only those badges translated into...something.
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor III

'Don need no stinking badges Man Mad How about money? How about products? How about apparel?  New games? (good ones...no Candy Crush type and can sell/transfer to another person)

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor III

Products would be nice...Swing a 6900XT my way and I'll let AMD harvest all the "diagnostic data" they see fit.

But really something would be nice, considering we donate our time to help research problems for people, and in the process even help upsell people to higher end products when they ask for a budget recommendation and we say "Well for only a small amount more you can get the next tier for Xx% higher performance" and so forth...
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor III

I want to add too that in the previous forums, when we wanted to add a link to a post in our thread, we could do it with the @ followed by keywords of the title, so @required_info would bring up the required system information post. In these new forums it only searches usernames.
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor III

Can't understand why AMD doesn't see it that way...maybe they do. Jeez...we are a labor force. Smiley Tongue

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor III

@black_zion wrote:
Products would be nice...Swing a 6900XT my way and I'll let AMD harvest all the "diagnostic data" they see fit.

But really something would be nice, considering we donate our time to help research problems for people, and in the process even help upsell people to higher end products when they ask for a budget recommendation and we say "Well for only a small amount more you can get the next tier for Xx% higher performance" and so forth...

I can't say I have not thought the same thing. The biggest reason I help here is not just because I like doing it that much, it is because I truly feel sorry for so many of AMD's customers that literally would not get help any other way. Although I really do like helping those few people who genuinely really do appreciate the help. They always make you feel good when they say thanks, because you can tell when they mean it. I bet I spend nearly as much time helping people in this forum a week as I do, doing my real IT day job. It would be nice if they rewarded the people that give and give the free tech support that helps their customers day in and day out. Honestly they get more support from a couple handful of people in this forum than they do from actual AMD support. It would be nice if AMD did show a bit of appreciation our way once in a while. In reality I think several of us put in about as much work here for free that would earn you at least 50 grand a year doing IT for your job in the real world doing help desk work. So all joking aside a free video card per generation would be a nice thanks to those that help support AMD's customers day in and day out. They give the tech review sites free cards for their opinion and I bet we do far more to help their customers on a daily basis for nothing. Pretty good deal for AMD. 

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor III

Something has to be done about counting "I don't have that problem" as a helpful answer and counted as such.

Highlighted
Adept III
Adept III

So far, the forum seems better, but I wish the page elements were a bit smaller and that there was a dark mode. So I made a dark mode mockup that accounts for those two things I'd like.

Dark mode mockupDark mode mockup

Highlighted
Adept III
Adept III

Would like this limit increased

ScreenShot_20201113231810.png

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor III

Be careful what you ask for. 
You might end up with one of those AMD bikes ... 

Seriously though - it would be nice to get some real recognition for points earned / support given/ issues raised. 

I do feel that AMD Rewards Support did help me very quickly when an Etailer tried to get out of sending me Raise the Game codes recently... and I know that other people on this forum who complained about problems with AMD Rewards were also helped after some of us pitched in. Not that these problems should arise in the first place.